Community discussions

MikroTik App

crcaicedo
just joined
Topic Author

Multiple LAN with multiple WAN

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Good day,

I have a RouterBoard 1100, replacing a cisco router. I need to implement a hotspot.

I manage a medium/large LAN with 7 C-class LANs (192.168.2.0/24, 192.168.6.0/24 .. 192.168.11.0/24), each with a 3com switch with dhcp server for their respective LAN. I don't have any wifi attached to the mikrotik router.
I NATed all the LANs through the router 192.168.2.1 at ether1, which have 3 WAN connections (ether2, ether4, ether4).
I load balance WAN with PCC, because ethernet bonding don't work to me (i suppose my ISP don't support bonding).

I need to implement a Hotspot, specially for limit bandwidth of each user. I used queues but don't work to me, and is human-impossible to maintain a separate queue for each user.

I configure a hotspot with radius support, but don't works, just don't show the login page. My question is if my multiple lan / multiple wan configuration is incompatible with mikrotik hotspot?

I am seeking some advise or example from the experts of this forum :)

Many thanks in advance,
Carlos

crcaicedo
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Multiple LAN with multiple WAN

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Oops, i load balance the WANs using ECMP, not PCC!

Thanks if any one can help me.

neticted
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 am

Multiple LAN and multiple WAN on the same router is bad practice. That really complicates configuration.

Try to keep single WAN and multiple LAN or multiple WAN and single LAN. Use two routers if needed. It is cheaper for your nerves.

crcaicedo
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Multiple LAN and multiple WAN on the same router is bad practice. That really complicates configuration.

Try to keep single WAN and multiple LAN or multiple WAN and single LAN. Use two routers if needed. It is cheaper for your nerves.
Thanks for the advise, but is just not useful to me. By the way, i solve the problem using the routerboard as the main router.