Community discussions

MikroTik App

mahnet
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Changing port for webfig/winbox

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:27 am

i have few routerboards connected beyond a netgear router. the netgear is having a static public IP. Few routerboards are connected as AP each having 5-6 clients. I am able to access 1 routerboard remotely thru webfig by forwarding port 80. tried it first by forwarding port 8291 but it did not work.
I want to access each of my routerboard remotely.
1. How do i change the port 80 of each routerboard ap & clients.
2. i have seen winbox loggon to port 8291. how do i change dat.
3. can i change the fonts, layout on webfig.

Please advise.

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Changing port for webfig/winbox

Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:54 am

You may change ports at /ip service

However, I am not sure if you changing prot for winbox would work. Winbox enforces port 8291.

We reqested solution but at that time (for the same reason you need it - to be able to access routers though NAT) but they refused to even talk about it. I never saw they changed their mind in meantime.

As solution, you may use pptp connection to access local network an then see routers using local IP addresses.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:08 pm

you can change all the prots under /ip services, just remember to add that port to the host name when you try to connect to it.

in web browser and in winbox loader <host>:<port>

just note somewhere that you have changes the port and to what port you did that.

all that applies if you are using at least 4.x version of RouterOS.

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Great you've changed it again :)

Last time we were advised not to use port in Winbox loader as it was disabled and using port actually made Winbox unable to connect even if proper port was set. Now, you fixed it and we can use any port we like to connect using Winbox? Nice, at last we would be able to use Winbox behind NAT.

Now, all that is left is to explain this in documentation so we do not have to guess any more.