Community discussions

MikroTik App

wiyat
Topic Author

Spain WISP:Buffering -Saturated HOW Determinated 780/1080FPS

Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Dear
All – Mmerry Christmas

I have a problem when the all clients are connected across of PPPoE Tunnel connection with the Internet, the situation is:
a. Buffering when the watching video, movies, television Online and these have 720 or 1080 fps”frame per second”
b. Buffering, stop when the play with the Playstation and the game come with 480,720 or 1080 fps

Technical specification of:
Client:
RB411 + RB52Hn
Firewall Nat
PPPoE with 1480 MTU
Ethernet MTU 1500
PPPoE Rate limit: 3M x 350kbps

Antenna AP:
RB433AH + RB52Hn
Bridge: Ether1 + Wlan1
Wlan and Ether: 1500 MTU

PPPoE Server:
X86 Atom
PPPoE Clients connected: 260
MTU PPPoE Server: 1480
PPPoE Interface Ether2: 1500 MTU
Simple Queue Dynamic + Queue Tree
Mangle to make possible the QoS

When the all clients are connected they are use 35MB and 6000 connections per second.- We have the buffering, stop situation when the clients watch his/her videos, movies, tv online or when the playstation, wii, xbox are Play Online they note the buffering or slow motion on his games

The question are:
1. Why when the only have 2MB of Traffic on the PPPoE Server and the client play with his playstation not have any problem?
2. Why when the only have 2MB of Traffic on the PPPoE Server and one client watch video of 480, 720, 1080 not have any buffering problem?

The main question is how we can determinate if this problem is causes by:
a.) Mikrotik Wireless Point to Multipoint are saturated
b.) Tunning correctly the PPPoE Server and Clients tunnel
c.) Mikrotik equipment Wireless Link, RB Board “determinate what is the FPS that is through of the equipment” to relate if the buffering is causes by the the equipment is smaller to the XX MB of traffic that going through the Board.

I attach my scenery and maybe you can send me back your comments

Slow motion on the game or buffering is fault of saturated ¿how we can determinate?

Thank you and I be waiting your comments.

Best regards,

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Spain WISP:Buffering -Saturated HOW Determinated 780/108

Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:19 pm

One question first - why do you think the game can be affected by the internet? All video and game content is on the PS3 device, if the video is slow, it's not because of internet. If it's an online game, connection to internet is only used for commnunication between players and such things, not for video/game content.

1080p youtube videos are large. they are around 8Mbit bitrate, this means 1 megabyte per second, 10 minutes = 600Mb. of course this video will load slower, if there are many users watching such videos at the same time.

wiyat
Topic Author

Re: Spain WISP:Buffering -Saturated HOW Determinated 780/108

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:04 pm

One question first - why do you think the game can be affected by the internet? All video and game content is on the PS3 device, if the video is slow, it's not because of internet. If it's an online game, connection to internet is only used for commnunication between players and such things, not for video/game content.

1080p youtube videos are large. they are around 8Mbit bitrate, this means 1 megabyte per second, 10 minutes = 600Mb. of course this video will load slower, if there are many users watching such videos at the same time.
Hello
Normis - I hope that 2012 We have more Mikrotik Clients

Answer: " Games and Video will be affected if the Point to Multipoint Link, PPPoE Server or
PPPoE Client Tunnel is saturated, BUT actual I have 35MB Traffic per second on my
PPPoE Server Interface and if a client that not have a traffic try to watch a video
on youtube of 380fps he can do without any buffering, but if the same client try to
watch a video of 780fps he has a buffering the client rate limit is 6MB/512kbps"

"Game example: Our PPPoE Server have 35MB Traffic per second, the client need
to play call duty or Uncharted on this moment the client notes slow motion,
buffering.- But if the PPPoE Server have 2MB Traffic per second, the client not
have any problem"

I think so that maybe this problem occur because our PPPoE Server or the ‘MikroTik WIRELESS POINT to Multipoint AP are Saturated, and for this reason the clients notes buffering or slow motion on his/her videos or games ¿Why? Because this situation not happen when the traffic is lower.

1. How I can test, probe if my ‘MikroTik Point to Multipoint is saturated
2. How I can test, probe if my PPPoE Server Equipment is saturated

If I know the result of these probes I can upgrade the ‘MikroTik Point to Multipoint equipment or I can upgrade the PPPoE Server X86.

On my PPPoE Server / X86 ATOM/1GB Ram/1600 Dual Processor / RB44 5-ETH GB Port, I have Simple Queue dynamic and Queue tree with Mangle to mark the packet and create the specific rule.- At the moment work fine but every time when I have more than 33MB traffic over the PPPoE Server I have this buffering situation.

The VoIP Call work fine, Internet browsing work fine only that is when the clients try to watch videos, movies, TV Online or if the clients need play.

But How I can determinate if the problem coming for the saturation/full bandwidth use on the Wireless Link AP or PPPoE Server

Because I think so that our Actual PPPoE Tunnel configuration are OK

Your point of view about this calculation:

“ “1080p youtube videos are large. they are around 8Mbit bitrate, this means 1 megabyte per second, 10 minutes = 600Mb. of course this video will load slower, if there are many users watching such videos at the same time” “

But the question is ¿What I can do if to many people watch videos or play game and a client need to play or watching a video without buffering?