MikroTik App

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RB450

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:06 am

Hellow,
I have got a rb450 I was using user-manager on it but one day suddenly I got that its memory have gotten full then I tried to do many things to make it empty but In that case I deleted user manager also then now I think that may be the logs take a lot of memory but as the user manager is deleted I cant delete the logs and there isn't that much memory to install userman again so what to do =? =)) :(

daviddem
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: RB450

Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:39 am

I assume you are talking about disk space, not memory space?

If you don't mind loosing your user manager database, delete it:
- check in stores and remove the user manager store
- check in files and make sure the store was deleted
- check your other files and see which ones are taking space

Not really a good idea to run user manager on a 450:
- user manager causes a lot of disk writes, which wears out the NAND flash excessively
- your disk fills up. You could mitigate that by manually (or using scripts) delete data that you don't need (like old sessions, etc).

You are better off with a 450G, which has a microSD card slot. Then you can set the UM database on the micro SD.

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:52 pm

I thank you a lot for this clean explanation but I can not delee the um db because as the userman is removed from the device I can not reach to the tool\userman and set the code to delete the db so what can I do ?

daviddem
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Please post output of:
/store print
/store disk print
/file print

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:51 pm

I cant post the outputs of them cause I cannot connect with winbox to use the terminal easily but in stores I deleted the um database but nothing changed but there also is dude and webproxy but they are active I cant remove them what can I do ?

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:59 pm

I think this dude takes space in the disk because I deleted everything tehere only is this ut I cant delete this and web proxy

daviddem
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:11 am

Well at some point you're going to have to get a terminal, otherwise there is nothing you can do other than reflash and start from scratch. Try with Telnet or the serial console.

If you manage to get a terminal, you can try to uninstall some packages you don't need (like the dude) to regain some space, then reinstall UM and follow the advice in this thread.