Community discussions

MikroTik App

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

intermittently loss on a RB450G interface

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:39 am

one of my RB450G interface have intermittently packet loss, like 3-5 seconds loss and about 3-5 times for every few hours. i said one of the interface, because i tested the other port(not every one them yet), don't have this problem.

it was fine on the first month.

below are measures we have taken but don't solve the problem yet:
  1. * the cable between RB and Cl is replaced from UTP into STP, the cable length is only 29 meters
    * the ubiquiti radio (Cl) is replaced to a new one
    * tested v5.6 - v5.8 ROS on the RouterBoard
    * added a voltage stabilizer even though we already using an UPS
    * turned off Auto Negotiation on the interface
does anyone have(or had) the same problem?
i'm thinking to downgrade to v4.xx, is that ok? would it solve the problem?

thanks for any idea
also, forgive me for any misspelled words and the bad english :lol:

sorry for the double post normis. didn't mean to spam the forum, but i was hoping my post is moved to a proper section by admin. if this is the proper section, i was hoping the other post was deleted get informed by any admin. i get a warning message instead :shock: i hope the warning level will would be removed for the mis-understanding.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: intermittently loss on a RB450G interface

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:31 am

disappointment over mikrotik ROS developers. bug report don't even responded on forum. i tried v5.11 on the RB450G, didn't fix the problem, but making it worse. it happens more frequent. i downgrade to v5.4 and see if this is gonna work.

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:33 am

amazing :shock: not even a single reply!!!

anyway, it works, by downgrading to v5.4, the problem is gone now. consider this SOLVED. and this also declares the new version, is "EXTREMELY BUGGY". i hope mikrotik sets a beta tester team, and testing the OS on many different hardware, including its own ROUTERBOARD, before releasing it to the public. we're doing business with your product, don't have the time to test the bug for you.

elgo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:41 am

i hope mikrotik sets a beta tester team, and testing the OS on many different hardware, including its own ROUTERBOARD, before releasing it to the public.
Kinda doing it M$ style, every MT user is a beta tester (especially those participating in this forum)...