Community discussions

zgi
Topic Author

Public IP over NAT-ed network

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:08 pm

I'would like to set public IP on the other side of my network. My network is behind NAT. So how to do it?

My setup:

ISP ====MIKROTIK====AP-------CPE====MIKROTIK====PC

- Can i simply set tunnel betwen mikrotiks and bridge it with WAN port on my ISP side?
- or make VLAN on first mikrotik, bridge it with WAN port, and set VLAN on my CPE, to eleminate second mikrotik router?
- third way? Yours way, yours suggestion.

Thank you for replies.

miro10hr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Public IP over NAT-ed network

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:25 pm

I am not an expert, but I do not understand your post. What do you mean by "on the other side of my network"?

You would like public IP on PC, on Mikrotik in front of PC, CPE..., where? What kind of connection do you have from your ISP?

zgi
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:11 pm

I want public IP on my PC, that is connected over wireless, to my home network. I have FTTH connection from my ISP, that is conected to switch, and from switch to my mikrotik router.

miro10hr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:24 pm

I would say that you have to bridge everything, but I still don't understand your first post with network "topology".
You say that you have FTTH connected to the switch, then from switch to your first Mikrotik router. So now you have Public IP on your Mikrotik1's router WAN port. There is NAT on this router. Based on your first post on LAN side this Mikrotik1 router is access point and it is connected with some CPE equipment? What is this CPE? Second - Mikrotik2 router is conneceted to CPE? PC is then connected to Mikrotik2 router over wireless?

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:47 am

add additional IP address on the router and add 1 to 1 mapping of the address, customer will not see the external address in the PC, but virtually it will be the same.

zgi
Topic Author

Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:37 pm

I would like to make as simple as it can be done, without address translation, or do you think it is better to do NAT anyway, and why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tyronzn
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:55 pm

As mentioned previously a one to one nat will be your easiest,otherwise a routed method is another option but more complicated.Put the ubiquiti devices in ap-wds and station-wds mode respectively and bridge the ethernet ports on the mikrotiks.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 am

bridging established network that uses routing can be security nightmare. Other way is to create tunnel to the main router and give real IP address using that.