Community discussions

MikroTik App

ke6hpz
Topic Author

bridging two ports together behind a signal Hotspot

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:49 am

Hi,
I am trying to use a simple RB-751u-2Hud for a little hotel, that has a few wired rooms, and a wireless antenna. I am setting up a hotspot on it. I would like to bridge the 2.4 GHz AP on the Mikrotik with ether2. I make the hotspot on ether2, and then I make a bridge, and put the 2.4 AP, and ether2, and I break the hotspot. It turns red, and has a "I" in the side column, for Invalid. I would like to only have 1 hotspot, and not two. How do I combine these ports, and not break the hotspot.

Thanks,

ke6hpz

imrankosi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: bridging two ports together behind a signal Hotspot

Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:45 pm

i think your idea will not work because usermanager runs on rounting mode no bridging have to configure 2 hotspot
Hi,
I am trying to use a simple RB-751u-2Hud for a little hotel, that has a few wired rooms, and a wireless antenna. I am setting up a hotspot on it. I would like to bridge the 2.4 GHz AP on the Mikrotik with ether2. I make the hotspot on ether2, and then I make a bridge, and put the 2.4 AP, and ether2, and I break the hotspot. It turns red, and has a "I" in the side column, for Invalid. I would like to only have 1 hotspot, and not two. How do I combine these ports, and not break the hotspot.

Thanks,

ke6hpz

shanefletch
just joined

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:07 am

I tried to do the same thing, but I found that I had to assign the hotspot to the bridge.

After doing this, clients on ether2 AND wlan were connecting to the hotspot.

ke6hpz
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:55 am

Hi shanefletch,

How did you connect the hotspot to the bridge? When you go to bridge/ports, there isn't hotspot in the pull down list. Or did you do it in another place?

Thanks.

ke6hpz

TheWiFiGuy

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Create the bridge first, add the ports (ether2 and wlan) and then create a hotspot on the 'bridge' interface. Ive had a few instances where the bridge is not shown, but nothing a quick reboot doest fix and then try again.