Community discussions

MikroTik App

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Forwarding port protocols

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Hello, I have a port forward from which has a dst nat and dst-adress=31.209.110.x and protocol=tcp and port= 8282 action=dstnat to-address=192.168.10.202 to port=8585 so that 8585.

1-The system is like this I have one router board rb450 and 4 ubnt sectors are connected to that board only,the antennas has the ips 192.168.10.x but they are in bridge mode so that I set their ips manually.Does that make any sense ? first I want to learn this anyway.

2-There also is 1.7 km away which has got a security camera in it's public ip and there is no routerboard the ubnt nanobridge is in router mode 192.168.225.x range and it's static ip is 192.168.254.254 and the camera has the ip 192.168.254.253 so that this antenna has also got a port forward to 192.168.254.253:80 and dst-port=8585

I hope I could explain.

3-Now I can connect to that camera anywhere by using the real ip 31.209.110.x but when I try to login the camera it says:connection error I think it has got a missin port what could it be ? and should I set it in my mikrotik ? or in that nanobridge

4-Last thing I want to ask how many users can I include on one rb450 connected and how much bandwidth ? and does that make sense if I only have a routerborad ? or should I buy a mikrotik for x86 to setup it to make server? Because my plan is to only use this routerboard give the internet up-to 200 people

tyronzn
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Forwarding port protocols

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:12 pm

-First off put the UBNT AP's in AP-WDS mode and the CPE devices in Station-WDS mode.Then take the CPE devices out of Router mode unless you doing PPPOE authentication and put them in bridge mode.
-Secondly put each UBNT AP on seperate routed interfaces example Ether1:192.168.1.x Ether2:192.168.2.x etc
-Then you can put camera's and CPE devices on the same subnet as the AP's which will make your natting a bit easier on the RB450G

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:11 pm

That's logical to try them in WDS mode but there is a thing that I'm using a pppoe server and also a hotspot server my system is like that

RB450->ether4=191.168.10.1 And it's a pppoe server
ether1=192.168.88.1 it's a hotspot server.

and there are 2 cables which goes out from rb450 onto a switch and all of my antennas goes on to that switch may the problem be this? because I have got a pppoe and a hotspot also on the same board

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:24 pm

by the way I tried it in wds mode but it didn't worked again I think the problem is related with the camera port I don't know if you know there is a section on the login page of camera and it asks port and that port is set inside the dvr device.

Should I do something related with that ? in my router board because I opend thet port on the nanobridge but not in mikrotik.

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:26 pm

All my thanks to mikrotik forum support as much as I could explain I did but however I couldn't explain clearly because I'm a beginner you all tried to explain the answers thank you a lot I solve my problem and let me explain and if someone else also has such a problem it's a help to them.

I made dst nat to my public ip to the camera
secendly which is the most important is I made another dst nat to the port of camera itself except the ports of browsers and anything else ex: add nat chain=dstnat address="Your real ip" protocol=tcp port="port of camera" to-address="local-camera ip" to-port="port of camera"

and this allows us to send packet to the camera and recieve packet

tyronzn
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:38 pm

What is the purpose of the pppoe and hotspot server?If you are just using that router and ubnt sectors for video surveillance,then make it easier on yourself and do away with them and use the method i suggested above.Hotspot and PPPOE are mostly used for authentication of users when selling internet etc.

As i said,if that router is used solely for that video surveillance then do away with the switch and plug the ubnt sectors into each port on the router and give each interface an address as i mentioned above.It will be alot easier for you to use that method and learn as you go along

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:22 am

Yes I already know that it's an authentication but I'm trying to be an ISP company so that I should learn everything and when I get ready I will.