Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

report on noise floor and signal strength

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Is there a way to take a snapshot of the noise floor and signal strength say every hour and email it? I already have the script to take a voltage reading once a hour and email it each night to me. I just want to see the Variation of signal strengh and the noise floor over the day.

Thanks

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: report on noise floor and signal strength

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:36 am

I may have not been clear on what I need. When I say snapshot I do not mean a picture. All I want is a text report of the noise floor and the tx and rx at the moment the reading was taken. I would like it to be done once a hour and 24 hr a day. then email it to me like the voltage report is done now.

pussuns
just joined

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm

I may have not been clear on what I need. When I say snapshot I do not mean a picture. All I want is a text report of the noise floor and the tx and rx at the moment the reading was taken. I would like it to be done once a hour and 24 hr a day. then email it to me like the voltage report is done now.
try this command
/ interface wireless monitor wlan1 once file=noisefloor

Aug

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:21 pm

fyi - If this is an AP, you will disconnect all clients while doing this test.
- If this is a remote wireless connection, use safe mode or you may find yourself making a truck roll to the location. :shock:
Aug