MikroTik App

ela002
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

bridge wlan/ether and pppoe problem

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:56 pm

Hello,

I have upgraded to v5.12 RB411. I have made a bridge between ether1 and wlan1. I also have one adsl connection over pppoe. When Everybody disconnects from wlan1 then the pppoe connection drops and reconnects. In bridge the status of wlan changes from designated to disabled. If someone connects and wlan1 becomes active again the pppoe connections drops. How can I fix this?

Thanks

ela002
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: bridge wlan/ether and pppoe problem

Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:50 am

I had to downgrade back to version 5.8 and no problems. Is this a bug or something has changed?

tboernert
just joined

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 pm

i have the same problem. used 5.14 and no pppoe works.
downgraded to 5.8 and it works again.
it seems thats a bug.

Is there any solution ?

Thanks

Ham
just joined

Mon May 07, 2012 12:04 pm

I have a ADSL2 modem bridged to my RB751G running v5.14

pppoe is attached to my local bridge, wlan1, ether1, ether2, bridged back to my adsl modem on ether1.

It's doing the same thing, when ever the last device on wlan1 disconnects the pppoe session disconnects and redials.

It's a pretty annoying bug lol

Ham
just joined

Tue May 08, 2012 3:18 am

Did a bit more playing around last night to try and find a little more about this bug.

The pppoe connection will also drop when the first device connects to wlan1, any other devices that connect or disconnect to wlan1 will not drop the pppoe connection, as long as one device connected & has registration its fine.

It's only when the last device disconnects from wlan1 will the pppoe session will drop again.

ela002 mentioned in this post He noticed this happens when the bridge the status of wlan changes from designated to disabled. pppoe then dropps.

Being this appears to of been around for a while (rolled back to v5.8 problem existed then also in the latest version 5.15) I will raise a support ticket in the next day

edit

Found a fix, take ether1 out of the bridge (port bridged to modem) attach the pppoe session to ether1 and pppoe no longer dropps out. your also not bridging your local network to your isp :P