Community discussions

MikroTik App

kditech
just joined
Topic Author

THE BEST!

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:33 am

I just have to say these mikrotik routers are friggin awesome! The features, the management software, everything. Great job to everyone at mikrotik!!!

I want to become a dealer and consultant for these products in Canada. They are by far the best product around, and the price is far more reasonable!

When will there be some training courses in western canada or north western US?

Kim :D

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: THE BEST!

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 am

Thanks!

We just came back from Las Vegas. Not sure about US location next year. Or maybe end of this year.

kditech
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:28 am

Where can I find a list of dealers in Canada? Barring that, the US?

How can I become a Canadian Dealer?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:55 am

List is here: http://www.mikrotik.com/buy

To become one, you need to have officially certified people on staff, and need to be able to make certain amounts of purchases. For more info, contact sales@mikrotik.com

neticted
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:02 pm

I just have to say these mikrotik routers are friggin awesome! The features, the management software, everything. Great job to everyone at mikrotik!!!
I guess we all thought that when we first met with Mikrotik routers. :)

kditech
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:03 am

I wish mikrotik had a stronger presence in North America. I find it difficult to find a dealer that actually stocks inventory. Evertything is 4-6 weeks, meaning it is probably being ordered from overseas, which is not a desirable time frame for most of my customers.

Does anyone know if there is anyone warehousing/inventoring these routers in North America?

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 am

Welcome to Mikrotik and take the good advice from Normis. He gave you a link to the distributor list.

I can't speak for Canada but most of the US distributors stock large volumes of Mikrotik product. We show our inventory levels on our web site. That is available stock in our US warehouse, not what we have coming in the future.

Tom

agk
just joined

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

there is now a distributor in downtown Vancouver
i bought a 751u &751G from them
much better to buy from them if u live in Alberta Saskatchewan or Manitoba

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:11 am

http://www.roc-noc.com is probably the best USA dealer. They are centrally located in the country, and do quick priority shipping. I've had several orders with them, and never had any problems at all.

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

THE BEST!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:52 am

http://www.roc-noc.com is probably the best USA dealer. They are centrally located in the country, and do quick priority shipping. I've had several orders with them, and never had any problems at all.
I would have to disagree. They will not answer an email. I will never order from them again. I'll stick with Baltic or ISP Supplies.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:30 am

I would have to disagree. They will not answer an email. I will never order from them again. I'll stick with Baltic or ISP Supplies.
Baltic and ISP Supplies don't have USPS shipping options... so even if you order 1 item like a RB751, you are paying $15 shipping. If you order a lot, it may be fine, but for small orders, you save a lot if you can order from somewhere that does USPS shipping.

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Very good point. Also, roc-noc is sometimes $5 $10 and sometimes $20 more than Baltic. I guess the best suggestion is to just shop around and find the best price.

I have nothing against roc-noc either and I've met Tom and he seems like a hell of a nice guy but it pisses me off when a company won't answer a simple email.

Inssomniak

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:33 am

We get ours from Xagyl or Converbit in Canada

cdemers
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:54 am

We normally order from Xagyl (been happy, but does not always have what i need), but if they don't have it I get it from roc-noc (never have had a problem with them) and just a bummer having to pay the duty.