Community discussions

MikroTik App

mixig
Topic Author

daily limitation of upload traffic

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi,

i have few users for which i need to configure daily upload limit to the internet, they can upload certain amount od data to the internet (over pppoe interface). when that amount is reached all traffic designated to the internet must be dropped. counter traffic must be reset every day (every 24 hours, e.g. at midnight) so that that users have ability to send traffic to the internet next day until they reach limit again.

Any solutions??

Thanks

dasiu
Trainer
Trainer

Re: daily limitation of upload traffic

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 am

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=59306 - the solution was discussed here a week ago :). In hotspot you can specify uptime and you can specify amount of bytes sent/received/total :). So it's the same case (hotspot, limited user, and script that clears the counters every midnight).

mixig
Topic Author

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi,

i dont use hot spot, do i need some firewall rule to do this.

Best regards.

rmichael
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi,

i dont use hot spot, do i need some firewall rule to do this.

Best regards.
I don't have any example configuration to offer but I've done something like that few years back:

Create a mangle OverQuota chain for each IP on your network (with return action). With a script, use byte counters to determine which IP is over quota and add it to the OverQuotaList.

Create a mangle that marks traffic of IPs on OverQuotaList.
Create simple or queue tree that lowers the speed of traffic marked by OverQuota mangle.