Community discussions

MikroTik App

Integration2004
just joined
Topic Author

Finding a consultant...?

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 am

Hi,
I apologize if there's a sticky I didn't see... but what is the best course of action to try to find a consultant to create a build? I bought a 450G that I want to use as a standard for the networks our company deploys. I was going to work on a build myself, but I do a ton of control system programming, and I'm going to be buried in that for the forseeable future. So, I was hoping to find some sort of recommendation for someone to hire to create a base configuration for these routers for our purposes, so that when we deploy them per job, we're only modifying WAN information, VLAN info and adjusting which ports to actually forward (if any).

We typically do high-end residential or light commercial. We're usually creating at least two VLANs, and using separate access points that support VLAN tagging. We also need to be able to establish a VPN tunnel to the router that is supported by iPhone users for remote connection to some of our systems. Last, we have several ports that we forward directly to our control gear.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Jeff B

cybercoder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Finding a consultant...?

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:43 am

You can find nearest certified consultant here: http://www.mikrotik.com/consultants.html

good luck

Integration2004
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 am

You can find nearest certified consultant here: http://www.mikrotik.com/consultants.html

good luck
I knew that consultant list was there, however, that's almost literally a shot in the dark; it's almost like calling your insurance company and asking to refer a Dr. I had hoped that maybe there would be someone on here either with a positive direct experience with a consultant, or maybe even some consultants here in the forums...

reverged
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:38 am

Where are you located?

Integration2004
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:22 pm

I'm in St. Louis, Missouri, but I would suspect the work would be pretty easy to complete remotely... I can even send out a 450G...

cybercoder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40 pm

There's super professional guys like Butch Evans or Greg Sowell or Dennis Burgess in US. all of those are Mikrotik certified trainers and consultants.

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 pm

we have a system to automate this. Contact me if interested.

Integration2004
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:04 am

I'm interested... if at least to see what you mean. How would I contact you? My profile is not authorized to send private messages...

Thanks for the suggestions, Cybercoder!

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm interested... if at least to see what you mean. How would I contact you? My profile is not authorized to send private messages...

Thanks for the suggestions, Cybercoder!
drift@vikenkomtek.no

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:28 pm

We are right in st Louis.. Www.linktechs.net.. We are on the consultants list..