Community discussions

MikroTik App

Brad
Topic Author

MT WDS to Interepoch IWE1100-T

Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:25 am

Has anyone had any luck doing WDS to an Interepoch IWE1100-T? I haven't ever played around with WDS but I went through the steps at "MT Manual - Section: How to make a Wireless Bridge, using WDS?" and I am not having any luck. The Bridge side of the IWE seems to be connecting according to the MT, it shows signal and the MT also shows the WDS become active in the interface list, but I can't pass any traffic to the IWE and pinging the IWE's ethernet port from the MT doesn't seem to work. Also, the WDS test button on the IWE comes back as Broken when you try to run a test. I was told that someone has made this work, so I must be missing something. Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Brad

tully
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:07 am

Here is a message from Eje -- a reseller of RouterOS.

To: "'John Tully'" <tully@mikrotik.com>

Just a FYI the IWE1100-A-Pro & -A-Adv works great with MT. I would assume
the -T does the same.

/ Eje

Brad
Topic Author

Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:08 am

I got it fixed. The issue was that I needed to assign the DHCP server to listen on the Bridge1 interface which was created during the process of setting up the WDS. I also had to set PPPoE to listen on the Bridge1 interface to get existing clients reconnected via PPPoE.