MUM Europe 2020

stenlyto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Need an advice!

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Hello guys,

I'm providing Wireless Internet in a small mountain region....
When I started I got a few clients so I decided to use Hotspot service....
What I was using was to accomplish that was:
1. Free BSD 8.0
2. Freeradius 118
3. Postgresql database
3. Web Based billing system, created by me ( I'm not a programmer, I just know a few things)

It was good at the beginning, but up for the moment I have more than 600 users.
I managed to build a web based billing system using a lot of triggers and things like that a few months ago. Its working fine!
But u know, when I need something more from that billing system like statistics and things like that I should do more triggers... more functions... more PHP.... I'm tired. My plan is by the end of the summer to increase the clients to more than a thousand.
I dont have any time to develop my billing system on my own....
I need something good and stable
I checked in Internet for a good billing system to buy, but I dont have time to try if its good or not.... So I need an advice...
If anyone have worked with some billing software, please share some information.....about any products.... good or bad things about it.
What I need, as well, is a good Radius Server. Freeradius on BSD is working perfect but "according to me" (I dont pretend to be the best) is not so flexible. It just the best software to start with!
All my HotSpot gateways are Mikrotik devices, So I dont need something universal.

IT SHOULD BE NO MORE THAN 100-200 euro. I dont want to waste more, all of my money are going for equipment.
Important information:
1. 100% of my clients are paying cash... so I dont need PayPal or something like that!
2. I may need statistic information about the traffic, generated by my clients.
3. Friendly control panel, cause (please dont laugh) my mom (51 years old) is in the office and on the phone dealing with my clients and all the payments :) She is not so bad, for example, she can handle PgAdmin to put/ update/delete information. That was the time before I created the web control panel.

So, please be good and share opinions!

dejanb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Need an advice!

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Hello Friend!

I will advise you to use Mikrotik User Manager or DMA Softlab Radius Manager software!
I'm using Radius Manager now and i'm very satisfied with it.

If you need some more informations, feel free to ask!

Regards!

mmalin
just joined

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Hello Friend!

I will advise you to use Mikrotik User Manager or DMA Softlab Radius Manager software!
I'm using Radius Manager now and i'm very satisfied with it.

If you need some more informations, feel free to ask!

Regards!
hi
i wanna use Radius Manager 3.9.0 with mikrotik. can u explain how to install that plizz.

thank you..

lwq
just joined

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:23 am

What about payed http://www.ispadmin.eu/en/ or LMS (free of charge) http://lms.rulez.pl/?lang=en ???

And I've fired-up Dude about year ago and using my billing and MGMT system, plus Zabbix for stats and alarming ... 8)

bigguns
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:54 am

Radius manager 4 now - use it and you'll love it.

mmalin
just joined

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Radius manager 4 now - use it and you'll love it.
yes ill upgrade to RM4..