Community discussions

MikroTik App

Alqatife
just joined
Topic Author

simple queue all not working in OS v5.14

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi,

I have problem that all the simple queue not working at all it's look like there's no traffic but in hotspot and pppoe server the users active and the traffic open there's no limit it's happen every tow days???

If i restart the system it's working fine.

Pls help.

OS V5.14
X86
Thanks.

joshaven

Re: simple queue all not working in OS v5.14

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 pm

I am using Simple Queuing with 5.14 without issues so I doubt that it is related to the OS release. I would guess that the queue is not matching the traffic because its not setup properly with the address and or the interface. Please note that if the interface that your traffic is on is also a member of a bridge then your going to need to queue on the bridge rather then on the interface directly.

Alqatife
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:02 am

Hi,

It's simple queue... configuration it's ok ... it's working but after some time like tow day not working at all it's not detect any traffic... in this case just i restart the system after that the simple queue working fine again? without change any setting?

Pls help.

Thanks.

joshaven

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:46 am

I would make a backup of the system then do a netinstall and restore from the backup. I've had funny issues disappear form a full netinstall.

2400baud

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:04 pm

I've run into this behavior a couple times, too, under 5.12 and 5.14.

I added a simple queue to limit the bandwidth to/from a particular IP and it didn't limit the bandwidth.
The first time, I simply rebooted the Mikrotik and the simple queue started working.
The next time, I disabled the queue, rebooted the Mikrotik, then enabled the disabled queue and it worked.