Community discussions

MikroTik App

bluenobbe
Topic Author

Problems to configure my router

Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:29 am

Hi guys
I need i little bit help!
I have a Mikrotik router with 2 LAN and 1 w-Lan Version 2.9.8 and a SDSL-Modem.

At lan-1 is connected the modem and on that interface is a pppoe-client running with the data from my ISP.That works fine i become a IP and a Gateway IP number from my ISP.

At lan-2 is my local-network.Three Windows-XP Pcs with PPPoE Clients are on that network. and wi want to dail in to become a internet connection.

And on the w-Lan network runs a Public-hotspot with a PPPoE-Server.
My friends wants to dail in over PPPoE on that interface.

So my problem is that the pppoe-clients didn't route to the internet.
So i need i little bit help to configure my router.in the online help at
http://www.mikrotik.com/docs/ros/2.9/interface/pppoe is a example but it doesnt work with my ISP (PPPoE-Client).

Can sombody help me???
A example was very helpful!

Best reguards
Nobbe

Tonda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:40 am

Why do you use PPPoE on your local network?
Why do you use PPPoE client when you have SDSL modem for this purpose? I suppose SDSL modem contains ethernet port and your mikrotik is connected to this port.
Can you ping from mikrotik to servers in internet?

bluenobbe
Topic Author

Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:32 pm

I need the PPPoE Client on the lan1 because my ISP have a PPPoE-Server runing and the modem it is very stupid!
It is not a real modem it's only a converter from DSL-Line to ethernet. So i have to dail in with my Mikrotik router.

When i activate the checkbox "add default route" in the PPPoE-Client window the complete internet works without dail in.
But my friends must pay for the internet.So they have to dail in at the mikrotik router to count the traffic.And at the localnetwork is it the same i want also to count my own traffic.

Tonda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:20 pm

I think first of all you should read Mikrotik manual and especially this part: http://www.mikrotik.com/docs/ros/2.9/ip/hotspot