Community discussions

MikroTik App

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

create interfaces for ipsec

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:58 pm

I would really like to see ipsec tunnels as interfaces instead of ipsec policies. With the current policy system, It is quite difficult to handle site to site ipsec VPNs. I basically have to do a tunnel and policy for a single address on both sides and then an ipip tunnel so I have an interface to route through (using OSPF, or static routes)

otgooneo
Trainer
Trainer

Re: create interfaces for ipsec

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:38 pm

I would really like to see ipsec tunnels as interfaces instead of ipsec policies. With the current policy system, It is quite difficult to handle site to site ipsec VPNs. I basically have to do a tunnel and policy for a single address on both sides and then an ipip tunnel so I have an interface to route through (using OSPF, or static routes)
+1 like

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 pm

No you don't have to create policy then ipip tunnel and then reroute over the tunnel.
You simply need to add policy with option tunnel=yes.
See the configuration example:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:IP ... Sec_Tunnel

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:29 pm

+1

Its long overdue