Community discussions

MikroTik App

MarkLFT
just joined
Topic Author

Simple PMS Integration

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:29 am

We have developed our own in house PMS system. We are looking to add MicroTik integration as an option, so guests can sign up from their room, ideally using the VLAN number, but worst case using a room number and surname to login. With charges being posted to the guest folio.

As we developed the PMS ourselves, there are no issues on that side, but we are not sure where to start on the microtik side.

Any and all help you be greatly appreciated.

cieplik206
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Simple PMS Integration

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Hello Mark

I can help with integrating your Software with Mikrotik

best interface to work with will be Mikrotik API
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:API

MarkLFT
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:09 pm

So from this I assum we do not need the Microtik User Manager? or do we use that also?

Also, if we use this API, can we perform bi-directional exchanges, i.e. a guest signs in using the Microtik hosted login page, can it pass info to the API to inform a listening service to check login credentials etc?

Please forgive my limited knowedge I have not worked with Microtik devices before.

affinitas
just joined

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:28 pm

We too are looking to develop a PMS interface for a MikroTik. The issue with Rad is it requires a FIAS (IP/XML) interface on the PMS system. the majority of limited service properties have a serial interface... I know how it needs to work, but dont have the coding skills to make it happen. We are willing to pay the 15,000.00 to Micros, and willing to either sell the interface for cheep or give it away for free, we haven't decided yet.. this will depend on weather or not we get free development help from this forum..

Something to think about:

cloud portal page > user sends last name room number > sent back to MikroTik to linux build on SD card (PMS Application) > out IP to Precidia iPocket232 > PMS system.

There are many ways to skin this cat, but if we want to get this interface certified by Micros we will need to follow their rules, which is why Rad didn't make the cut for certification.

Yours in wireless,
Mike Baker
CTO
United Solution

kraker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:54 pm

we are using this kind of system with mk.what is the database structure of the micros?
some pms system generally using mssql.we have registration page doing everything between mk. and hotel customer..