Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

abehar
just joined
Topic Author

Routing? IP Binding? problem with hotspot

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:44 am

Hi.

I just Installed a Hotspot over a P4 1 Gb Ram Server for my company and the Hotspot it is working very good, The problem I have is that this MK is our main router too and while running the hotspot I have the need to route traffic for several networks through another router and I'm unable to do it, no matter if I'm authenticated or not. I think this got something to do with routing or maybe IP bind.

LAN (172.16.0.0/16)-------------Hotspot(172.16.1.1)-------INTERNET
|
|
|
VPN Router (172.16.1.48)---WAN

add dst-address=192.168.2.0/24 gateway=172.16.1.48 scope=255 target-scope=10 comment="" disabled=no

That's to give you guys an idea. Is there a way to allow the routing?

Thanks in advance.

Angel Behar

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:11 am

Can you give me more detail please. What network are you trying to route to? Was it working before the Hotspot setup? What does your routing table look like? Does the target network have a route back to you?

abehar
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:50 pm

Can you give me more detail please. What network are you trying to route to? Was it working before the Hotspot setup? What does your routing table look like? Does the target network have a route back to you?
First of all thanks for answer.

Yes, if I disable the Hotspot the routes work perfect in fact that was working before implementing the Hotspot. The idea of the Hotspot is to have the local network to autentificate to go out to the internet but allow them to reach the wan networks.