MikroTik App

santajosh
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

PCQ-PPPOE-group

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:48 am

Hi Everyone!

I 'd like to do a bandwith control like this.

We have 200 user with pppoe username and passsword. They can dial in to MT and get an IP address from an IP POOL. (now in test phase...)
I like to define three groups (but i don't know how)...
first group : 512/128_users
Second group : 384/128_users
third group : 128/64_users

I read the documentation, and I think my friend is PCQ, to limit bandwith to these groups.

Anybody can write down the steps how to do this?!

1. create a mangle for the connection and the packet

" This is from Zack"
-----------------------------------
0 chain=prerouting src-address-list=pool1 action=mark-connection new connection-mark=lap_works-con
1 chain=prerouting action=mark-packet new-packet-mark=lap_work
-----------------------------------

2. create a PCQ queue types for the bandwith??? Create 6 PCQ for PCQ_down_512, PCQ_up_128; PCQ_down_384, PCQ_up_128;PCQ_down_128, PCQ_up_64 ???

3. Create a queue tree, or simple tree for what???

4. How can i put my users to this groups?

Forgive me if this is a lame question, and this is in the documentation, but I can't find out how this can be accomplish...

Thanks in an advice!!!

Other question...The MT can act like RADIUS server? Or the MT just Can connect to freeradius or any other RADIUS server?!

santajosh

ofasa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:35 pm

Use the Rate-Limit radius attribute to assign bandwidth to users when they login. You can create three radius groups with respective Rate-Limit and assign users to these groups.

MT will 'talk to' a radius server. It's not a radius server.

Hope this helps.

santajosh
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:36 am

Thanks for the help, but where can I find this: - Rate-Limit radius attribute

I should create a radius (third party - freeradius...)???
Is there any windows based radius server?

ofasa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:03 pm

Go through the Mikrotik Radius Client and AAA documentation, it's all explained there.

Rate-Limit works only with Mikrotik so you'll have to include the dictionary.mikrotik (mentioned in the above documentation).

FreeRADIUS should be more than enough, there's also a windows port of freeradius at http://www.freeradius.net.

Hope this helps.

santajosh
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Thanks Ofasa!

I create two profiles (512_128 and 384_128). Set the rate limit to 128/512 and 128/384. Create a mangle rule for connection and packet. It's all work great. Create secrets (users) with differnet profiles and the bandwith control working.

Now I try the RADIUS server (Steel Belt Radius) , set in the PPP (use radius, accounting), Set the radius in MT to connect to SBR, with a secret. All went ok, but how can I add the profiles to the users.
I create the users int the Radius server, but I can't find out how to add the 512_128 profile to the user (DNS, POOL). Delete the Users(secrets) from MT - so the users must connect through the Radius to check authentication.

Or I'm thinkig wrong I had to add all the information to the radius user (create profiles in radius...)???

There are lot of attribute, What am I use to make my plan accomplish?

Is there any configuration to the steel belt radius (SBR administration)?

Thanks in advice.

hzeid
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:16 pm

hello santajosh
well i dont think steel belted radius handles pppoe accounts, it only handles static ip address and hotspot users caused i tried to mess up with it but with no results.
i think u should try to use RBS-ISP from alepo company but i was unable to get a copy of this software to try. pleaase keep in touch if u got any new results

ofasa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:12 pm

Create the profiles in the radius server or just add a Rate-Limit for each user. If SBR doesn't support Rate-Limit find out if there's a way to add custom reply attributes.