Community discussions

MikroTik App

jdevora
just joined
Topic Author

List of hotspot trial users?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi,

We offer a 20 minutes trial on our hotspot but I don't see a way to get any statistics about the number of trial users we had the network usage they did, etc...

Is there a way to get those basic statistics? I don't mind if it is only from the command line.

Cheers
JD Evora

Beone
Trainer
Trainer

Re: List of hotspot trial users?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Write a script that sends you a mail or does some other kind of notification of your liking.
Put trial users in a seperate hotspot profile
Use the on-login property on that profile to initiate your mailing script

Done ;-)

EDIT: just read you want network usage etc also, sorry thought you only wanted notification on trial logins.
For network usage, accounting or similar you'll need radius (maybe even combined with a proxy server, depending your needs)

zervan

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:53 pm

I think basic stat will be enough: go to WinBox -> IP -> Hotspot, select tab Users and there they are (their usernames begin with T- and then continue their MAC addresses as the only identifier). Perhaps you may enable columns Bytes In and Bytes Out.

jdevora
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:43 pm

I think basic stat will be enough: go to WinBox -> IP -> Hotspot, select tab Users and there they are (their usernames begin with T- and then continue their MAC addresses as the only identifier). Perhaps you may enable columns Bytes In and Bytes Out.
The problem is that those users aren't persistent... When the trial period is over they get deleted.
I want to arrive on Monday and check how many users tried the service over the weekend.

Cheers
JD

zervan

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:34 pm

The problem is that those users aren't persistent... When the trial period is over they get deleted.
I want to arrive on Monday and check how many users tried the service over the weekend.
You may increase Trial Uptime Reset value to a week or month, so that users will remain that time in the list. I use 4 weeks so I can see all users 4 weeks back.

Other way is to write a scheduled script which will write users each day.

ditonet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:48 pm

We talk about similar problem here:
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=62950
Just modify script to count users with name begin 'T-'.

HTH,