Community discussions

MikroTik App

jguemes
just joined
Topic Author

DHCP after-10-secs-dely doesn't work as expected?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi:

I've two dhcp servers on the same subnet, server 1 with authoritative=yes option and server 2 with authoritative=after-10sec-delay option.
I can see that when dhcp client issues the dhcp discover, both servers answer with dhcp offer, at the same time.

But according to User Manual, I should expect answer from server 2 10 secs. after, and if there isn't any answer from server 1.

Even if I disconnect server 1 from network, server 2 answers his dhcp offer as soon as dhcp discover is seen.

¿Is it working properly?

Thanks.

J. M. Güemes

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: DHCP after-10-secs-dely doesn't work as expected?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi:

I've two dhcp servers on the same subnet, server 1 with authoritative=yes option and server 2 with authoritative=after-10sec-delay option.
I can see that when dhcp client issues the dhcp discover, both servers answer with dhcp offer, at the same time.

But according to User Manual, I should expect answer from server 2 10 secs. after, and if there isn't any answer from server 1.

Even if I disconnect server 1 from network, server 2 answers his dhcp offer as soon as dhcp discover is seen.

¿Is it working properly?

Thanks.

J. M. Güemes

No, it should wait 10 seconds as expected. If you are sure you have this setting enabled, and it isn't delaying, then you have found a bug. Please email this to support@mikrotik.com if you are already using the newest version.