MikroTik App

spacemind
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

backup from one SXT to another SXT not working. ROS 5.18

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi,

I figured out that i cannot make a backup from one of my mikrotik SXT-5hnd to the other.

Some setting works, but wireless configurations, routing configurations does not get imported. (wlan1 is disabled and with wrong configuration in the restored backup SXT)

Is this some kind of BUG ? shouldn´t these backup import and restore work in the same products ?

Thanks

acim

Re: backup from one SXT to another SXT not working. ROS 5.18

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:48 pm

You should restore backups just to the same router. If you want to copy configuration to another router, you should do compact export on the first one and then import this to another.

karina

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 pm

confirmed. a backup file could be used on another router in V3 but not anymore. Export compact / import is only way to go.

Remember if you are preconfiguring many routers you can add the config to netinstall and upgrade and config in one hit.

spacemind
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:10 pm

confirmed. a backup file could be used on another router in V3 but not anymore. Export compact / import is only way to go.

Remember if you are preconfiguring many routers you can add the config to netinstall and upgrade and config in one hit.

Thanks karina, do you have the link from the wiki for add the config from netinstall, i am configuring several devices.