Community discussions

MikroTik App

ihernandez
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

wireless issue

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:37 am

Hello!, I have had this link for about 2 years working flawlessly. Today it started disconnecting and throwing disconnection errors, attached you can see the errors. What could be happening and what could I do to diagnose and solve this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: wireless issue

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:08 am

check your signal level. Bad cable? antenna? RF card? It seems like bad signal, most likly a hardware issue. But may be a channel (noise), setting etc to.

taduikis

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:18 am

Most likely interference. Judging by 'poll timeouts', you use nstreme? If correct, try NV2. Otherwise you might need to try changing freq.

ihernandez
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 am

Most likely interference. Judging by 'poll timeouts', you use nstreme? If correct, try NV2. Otherwise you might need to try changing freq.

Thank you taduikis I think interference is present, tomorrow I will change the frequency and see what happens. I use nstreme, why would NV2 be better if there is intereference?
Couldnt it be that one of the cards is broken?

taduikis

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:15 am

NV2 is TDMA based protocol that uses the channel more aggressively. It means that in most cases you effectively rule over the channel you are using, pushing out other interferers. Give it a try anyway. I have fixed that kind of problem such way..

ihernandez
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:10 pm

NV2 is TDMA based protocol that uses the channel more aggressively. It means that in most cases you effectively rule over the channel you are using, pushing out other interferers. Give it a try anyway. I have fixed that kind of problem such way..

Thank you taduikis, I will try this !