Community discussions

MikroTik App

Esmeralda
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with License CLONED

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:47 am

I have a problem with my license that was cloned, and is now sold by "free market" with a level of Superchannel and Extra Frequency, how do I make for Locked! , the lamer use my licence for the crack latest versions of mikrotik 5.18, 5.20.
Can not interfere Mikrotik devices that are using my license and reset them remotely?
Help me please block it.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Problem with License CLONED

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:59 am

Please contact mikrotik directly support@mikrotik.com

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:44 pm

I have a problem with my license that was cloned, and is now sold by "free market" with a level of Superchannel and Extra Frequency, how do I make for Locked! , the lamer use my licence for the crack latest versions of mikrotik 5.18, 5.20.
Can not interfere Mikrotik devices that are using my license and reset them remotely?
Help me please block it.
is this possible with ver. MT5.x?
Anyway how he get your license if its possible I want to know how protect my x86 licenses?

Dobby

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Deleted because not related.
Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

samurai
just joined

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:51 pm

Write to Mikrotik support.

Esmeralda
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Write to Mikrotik support, they replied that blocked the key, but even they do not, and cloned license still selling through the internet, I should not pay for the $ 250 license level 6, if my licence can be downloaded free from internet without paying anything.

Mikrotik can not seem to create a script that blocks the installation of the license cloned on routeros

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:32 am

can not seem to create a script that blocks the installation
Actually we can and we did, just like I wrote to you in the email. Here is what I actually wrote you:
Thanks, the key is already blocked in our system, and in RouterOS.

Dobby

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:48 am

Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 am

can not seem to create a script that blocks the installation
Actually we can and we did, just like I wrote to you in the email. Here is what I actually wrote you:
Thanks, the key is already blocked in our system, and in RouterOS.
That means it can't be used or it can't be upgraded?
Even I received on my email an 5.20 iso but never installed.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 am

Can't install, Can't upgrade etc.

Esmeralda
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Can't install, Can't upgrade etc.
work fine, when I activate a cracked mikrotik version 5.18 and I updated to ROS 6RC1 , returns me a license upgradeable to level 7 and Superchannel, click on the UPDATE LICENCE KEY and mikrotik automatic send the key W5EY-LHT9 with superchannels.

How hard is to program the system so that when it detects the license-LHT9 W5EY, activate a script to delete the installation of the cracked software? :?

------------------------------
Last edited by Esmeralda on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

samotoka
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Ban for user Esmeralda forever after this post.

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Because you said so?

Dobby

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esmeralda
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:01 am

Ban for user Esmeralda forever after this post.
You are using the cloned license , why bother ?.

Mikrotik Gentlemen,stop playing , and block the key stolen.

LHT9 W5EY

Antixx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Just looking!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mobilexpert
just joined

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 pm

you all should no worry about this "crack",
since it have packed inside some very hefty trojan
(system.npk is around 1.8Mb different,
would like somebody to unpack it and post here, that "trojan part", not the cracking part)

friends who tested said it do very nasty things,
stealing passwords, email accounts, sending spam e-mails etc etc.

expect a lot of crying over the internet, soon

b.r.
Alex

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 am

Don't worry, 2 of people I know already installed it and working. I have a few license paid a long time ago so I don't need it. Now you can imagine how fast the spread was.

mobilexpert
just joined

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Don't worry, 2 of people I know already installed it and working. I have a few license paid a long time ago so I don't need it. Now you can imagine how fast the spread was.
hehe ...

1. tell them to misspell some web address (like ie: www.geygl.com) and to see what will open ...
2. tell them to check ip/firewall/connections, when router is idling .... surprise ... Chinese Trojan working in the background ...
(sending spam emails, and stealing passwords all the time)

so ... happy using it :D

b.r
Alex

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 pm

You wish. You should not have a good opinion about you. :lol:
Do you want to send you a copy?

norbyte
just joined

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi all,

First post here.
Since I do decompiling as a hobby, I grabbed the "cracked" 5.18 ISO and did a quick analysis on what the crack changed.

Two files were added to the system package:
/etc/rc.d/run.d/S09plugin - this is an init script that runs on startup and starts the "clone" binary
/nova/bin/clone - this file is interesting for many reasons:
- there are multiple layers of obfuscation/encryption present in the file; I only managed to remove the first layer of obfuscation so far
- it is filled with many anti-debugging and anti-VM techniques (designed to make analysis harder)
- it seems to make hashes of the routing table, cpu/memory information and partition list; dunno what it does with the info
- seems to hijack /dev/tty, shows its own password prompt; dunno what it does with the password after that
- contains 6 binaries which are extracted and executed/loaded on startup

Binary 1: this one is a file/copy rename utility; no malicious code here
Binary 2: Like the "clone" app, this one is filled with anti-debug code; it extracts/loads the kernel modules.
Binary 3/4: These are the uniprocessor/SMP versions of the malware code. This one does multiple things:
- adds a kernel workqueue that periodically looks up the DNS address of "dns.vpn2vpn.info", "vvvvva.com" (?), "ssl.vpn2vpn.info"
- depending on the dns replies, downloads and inserts a new kernel module from the returned addresses; this can be used to execute arbitrary code on the router
- adds a hook to the netfilter firewall layer that modifies packets coming from port 53 (DNS)
Binary 5/6: These are the uniprocessor/SMP versions of the crack itself.
It hooks generic_ide_ioctl and ata_sas_scsi_ioctl and modifies the information returned about the MBR and the disks, so the kernel always sees the same driver serial number and accepts the same ROS software key.

I didn't check the other packages, so it is possible that those are infected in some way too.
Conclusion: DON'T USE !

tron
just joined

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Since I do decompiling as a hobby, I grabbed the "cracked" 5.18 ISO and did a quick analysis on what the crack changed.
Conclusion: DON'T USE !
Good job, norbyte! :)

Dobby

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:51 pm

Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

samotoka
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:08 am

may be Mikrotik guys need to extend demo or trial period - everyone who need to try ROS not to looking for cracked ISOs if he want to try and see how is it work

Dobby

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:41 am

Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Well, depends,

24h is not a long time for a trial...

I worked for a few years for a WISP and managed a couple of mikrotiks (mostly RB750G and RB433AH) and a main server x86 with ROS L5
I no longer have any work related to Mikrotik (except my home router, RB751) so I will present here my opinios about the cloned licence topic...

I've installed it on a virtual machine a few months ago, it was working and I thought, nice, maybe i'll install it as a RADIUS server.
Now a nice guy debugs the code and we see that the OS is altered to sniff passwords (or maybe use the machine to launch DDoS attacks, we may never now).

I said, bummer... but you can still use it as a middle router (shaper, firewall) without internet access. Ok, it can sniff passwords but what use if he can't send them :)
The domains that he sends requests no longer exists (vpn2vpn.info , vvvvvva, etc) so MAYBE it's safe to use it with the internet connected to it.

My personal opinion, this can be used for testing purposes only, not on a live / production environment. The 24h trial period is too small.
For example, i needed a better gateway server and i choose x86 with L5. After a few days I realized that I needed L6 for Radius (think about it, you allow maximum 500 hotspot/pppoe connections and only 50 (10%) of them to be accounted by the RADIUS server, that's just cruel and a slap on the customers face... hey, we give you 500 users but you can't view only 50 in usermanager, the rest will fill the error logs with radius timeouts, no need to document that.. and oh yea, we don't give you any upgrade option, you'll have to buy a new licence for that).

If you use it, buy it. If you want to test various configs, do some stress test, etc, IMO you can use the cloned one, even if it's hard to find a copy on the internet, they will vanish a few months now.

Dobby

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 am

Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Hello brosky,
If you use it, buy it. If you want to test various configs, do some stress test, etc, IMO you can use the cloned one, even if it's hard to find a copy on the internet,
We are all able to store the configuration as a backup and do a netinstall once more again, to test it out 24h longer,
as I am right informed and then restoring the config. So why using pesterous software and opening all doors to those
peoples who are only working hard on to distroy the brand MikroTik!?
Don't worry, Mikrotik won't file for bankruptcy if one version of their x86 licence is compromised... the big money come from routerboards, not from the licences.
While I worked as a Mikrotik reseller, i've met a lot of people who where using the 3.x cracked version and it was very easy to convince them to buy the real thing, the routerboards, just for the new features.

Regarding trial, I have in mind limitations like this, so the future customer can choose:
- 10G of total traffic passed through the routerboard
- limit of 10000 connections
- total uptime of one week.

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:08 pm

Just registered level 1 (Free),
must have more options, but no more then cheap home router (max 50€ models).
For example:
tunnels limited to 5
enabled AP mode with also max limit of 5 connected devices
queues also to 5
User manager/radius disabled
proxy also limited to 5 clients or to total 10/20 connections

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:49 pm

you mean, you're using some x86 platform which MikroTik is not related to, and want to use MT Software for free with higher limits? what does MT have from that? :)

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:48 pm

you mean, you're using some x86 platform which MikroTik is not related to, and want to use MT Software for free with higher limits? what does MT have from that? :)
Stop kissing MT's ass, i've seen you at MUM Budapest, you have plenty of grey hair.

And to be on-topic,

tunnels 5 ? What for ? For free version, unlimited tunnels but with 10 minutes uptime, enough to check if they work.
AP mode with 5 clients ? I say 1 client is enough.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:14 am

Stop kissing MT's ass
I see you're good in ass kissing, but it's not about me. whould you like to answer my question not discussing my hairstyle? :)

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:25 pm

I like your hairstyle : D!

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Well, depends,

24h is not a long time for a trial...

I no longer have any work related to Mikrotik (except my home router, RB751) so I will present here my opinios about the cloned licence topic...

24H of real use.. is many time.. You are 24H looking at the server? I need to sleep.

With this 24H I tried 5 diferent network cards in the same server. I tried first. Buyed new one. I tried 2nd. Buyed new one, etc..

What you need to test more time? : /

Dobby

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:58 am

What you need to test more time? : /
My read frustration here and I admin that I feel gipped, was when I had to upgrade a gateway device from RB750 to something stronger.
In that time the only option was RB1000 who was waaaaay out of budget. Main use of the machine was hotspot and usermanager.
I've purchased a LVL5 RouterOS x86 License, problems from the start: the HDD controller is not support. For God's sake, it was a Dell Perc5,
one of the most SCSI controllers in one of the most common server maker, and mikrotik does not support it.
Anyway, I had to run in from a USB stick (still boots now from stick), put a secondary stick for Userman/Dude and after I imported the users
I realized that userman supports only 50 active connections (I won't say anything about this, I doesn't matter anymore) and I wanted
to upgrade to lvl6 for the sole reason of userman connections.
Well, bummer. You have to buy a new license, there is no upgrade option. How cheap are they (mikrotik) ?
You have the easiest upgrade option for the entire OS, nice flexibility regarding available/enabled packages, but you can't upgrade the license ?

For me, Mikrotik is like a nice fashion model:
Glamorous and shiny on the outside from a distance, but once you get to know it better, you feel that you are cheated and this is not what you expected.

Ah, another thing... I did contact support via email (as stated in the license) and the answer came back in one or two WEEKS. That's totally unacceptable for a commercial support.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:22 am

for a commercial support.
Commercial support is available through consultants. Free email support is provided for basic configuration assistance or bug related help. These questions are answered within 3 business days time. If you want somebody to configure your network, I suggest you to write on the forum, or hire a consultant.
I've purchased a LVL5 RouterOS x86 License, problems from the start: the HDD controller is not support. For God's sake, it was a Dell Perc5,
one of the most SCSI controllers
How did you purchase a license, if you didn't install RouterOS first? The process requires you to install RouterOS to get SoftID, only then purchase is possible. If you could install RouterOS to get this ID, apprently the HDD controller was supported.

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:28 am

Commercial support is available through consultants. Free email support is provided for basic configuration assistance or bug related help. These questions are answered within 3 business days time. If you want somebody to configure your network, I suggest you to write on the forum, or hire a consultant.
I don't want to argue, it's a total waste of time since what's done it's done, but just for the "pleasure" of it...
... from wiki:
All Licenses:
never expire
include 15-30 day free support over e-mail
And the mail
to: "MikroTik support [Sergejs]" <support@mikrotik.com>
date: Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM
subject: few problems with newly installed x86 LvL 5
---
to: Dan Broscoi <brosky@gmail.com>
date: Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 9:28 AM
subject: Re: [Ticket#2012012566000369] few problems with newly installed x86 LvL 5
mailed-by: mikrotik.com
---
I checked the calendar, the reply was exactly one week later. 7 days :)
A small question to all techsupports who are reading this... what happens if you don't answer/solve a ticket in 7 days since it was opened ?
Where I work we have a 30 minute policy to at least answer a ticket (if solving is not possible in that amount of time).
one of the most SCSI controllers
How did you purchase a license, if you didn't install RouterOS first? The process requires you to install RouterOS to get SoftID, only then purchase is possible. If you could install RouterOS to get this ID, apprently the HDD controller was supported.
Well, the time was short, I had to install it on a stick, because netinstall won't install it on the scsi drives.

Like I said before, this was a year ago, the server is running "ok" and it will be offline in a few weeks since we're replacing it with a Cisco device (not my first choice).

As a bottom line, as stated in previous messages, the 24h limit in *some* cases is not appropriate. Not enough time to configure, test, tweak and see how it will perform a x86 machine with RouterOS.

And yeah, I forgot this crap from wiki:
Why is it not possible to change license level (ie. upgrade license)? Just like you can't easily upgrade your car's engine from 2L to 4L just by paying the difference, you can't switch license levels as easily. This is a policy used by many software companies
Is rOS lvl5 .deb based and lvl6 is .rpm based ?
From what we see, the only difference between 5 and 6 are the limits for the maximum tunnels / active hotspot/userman users

Can you at least give a honest answer why is not possible to upgrade from lvl 5 to lvl 6 ?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:39 am

Read more, not just the first line: http://www.mikrotik.com/support.html

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:03 am

Read more, not just the first line: http://www.mikrotik.com/support.html
I rest my case :)

So, from my previous message:
- why the ticket was answered after 7 days ?
I was a paying customer and I contacted you via official channels. (Forum is not official channel, you can't paste there license keys, invoice information, etc)

- why you don't offer upgrades to licenses ?
In 2012 Mikrotik received some awards in Latvia regarding some business numbers... well, money is hard thing to handle.

I don't want answers because you will dodge them as usually.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:09 am

- why the ticket was answered after 7 days ?
Your email was answered in the 6th business day since your email. This is due to increased amount of support after new years and orthodox christmas holidays. Sorry about that.
There are a lot of things we don't offer, and do offer. We try to offer more for less, every year. For example, the new SXT outdoor wireless antenna costs the same as a RouterOS license, but has wireless antenna, radio, outdoor case, routerboard, power supply, mounting kit and RouterOS license all included.

Dobby

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Your email was answered in the 6th business day since your email. This is due to increased amount of support after new years and orthodox christmas holidays. Sorry about that.
Apologies partly accepted because the mail was sent in 25.01 so there are no excuses for long mail queue, but I bet this won't affect your sleep... mine was affected during that time.
(Imagine buying a expensive server and not being able to use it because the software was not compatible). Even today after each reboot I have a fear that maybe it won't boot because
rOS is on a usb stick.

There are a lot of things we don't offer, and do offer. We try to offer more for less, every year. For example, the new SXT outdoor wireless antenna costs the same as a RouterOS license, but has wireless antenna, radio, outdoor case, routerboard, power supply, mounting kit and RouterOS license all included.
my question is still unanswered but i'll have to live with it.
As a former customer, I always recommend Mikrotik for projects until a certain level (well, you can't compare it to Juniper) and I really appreciate the diversity of products versions but on this race to launch new products there are things that get left of and in the longway affect the image.
For example, I have a RB951 as a home wireless router and before that I had a RB433+R52+3dBi. The wireless coverage for RB951 is about 10m (concrete, etc), while with the older rig I had no problem (20-25m). Was that hard to add a SMA connector ? (i know some users hacked it but this is a mass-market product, not Arduino)
I know that RB751 has a MMCX connector but common, who uses MMCX in a SOHO environment ? :)

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Seriously you said RB1100 is expensive and now you talk of juniper? O_O

All of this is offtopic right now...

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:06 pm

at that time, mikrotik was the best choice but since then the network grew and we have to switch to the next level.
I work for different companies with different budgets so If one has the budget for Juniper, doesn't mean that the others have :)
The time-lapse was like
> 150 active customers - RB750G
> 300 active customers - x86 server (now I would change it for RB1100, the amount spent on hardware+license+power consumption is greater that the RB)
> 500 active customers - company got sold to a bigger provider, Mikrotik will be dumped)

So, to be back on topic, the cloned RB will fade off from the internet (filesharing links will expire, seedless torrents, people will forget) so there's not much harm done

Dobby

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 pm

It's so nice when two fanboys argue :)
I use mikrotik at home, at work and damn! my wife does techsupport for a mikrotik network (~1000 wifi clients, ~100 mikrotik devices)
I'm not agains Mikrotik and rOS, you all got this wrong. I'm against that 24h trial period, I don't like that Normis elegantly avoids to give straight answers (but he's there and I'm here, nothing we can do:)
And don't get me started on the "routing os"... like I said, it has it's good parts and it's bad parts. There are problems when you can't make 2 mikrotik's to kiss eachother, on cable or wireless. Last week I made a basic EOIP tunnel between two devices and one of them started to cycle reboot...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:44 am

out of curiosity, did you report those issues to support? we would like to fix them.

infused

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:11 am

Not sure Mikrotik would care since it's obviously loaded with a virus.

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 pm

out of curiosity, did you report those issues to support? we would like to fix them.
I gave up reporting bugs since that delayed answer, but if you want to, i'll brief some of my pains:
- RB750G v5.22, CPU @50-60%, unable to connect via Winbox (ssh/webfig works sometimes). A reboot resolves the problem, but this has to be done almost daily.
- ^ same device, CPU@100%, profiler shows "flash" ? disabled everything that could be disabled, same. I've hidden the problem by splitting the network in two, with two RB750G, now it does not do it so often. (I suspect defective ramblocks, even if it's not reported)
- hotspot assigns random IP's in Hotspot/Hosts (ie. 10.0.0.xyz-> 10.0.0.zxy, instead of 10.0.0.xxx -> 10.0.0.xxx), had to manually bind each IP. (maybe this is how it's supposed to be, but there are times when DHCP assigns already used IP's and then I had to manually remove the auto-assigning in Hotspot/Hosts, create static DHCP entry for the mac, static ip binding )
- RB951 reboots when trying to do Wireless Snooping (this is fixed in latest RC6)
- Usermanager searches only in $username ? :(

there are some others but this reply-box would timeout

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:19 pm

- hotspot assigns random IP's in Hotspot/Hosts (ie. 10.0.0.xyz-> 10.0.0.zxy, instead of 10.0.0.xxx -> 10.0.0.xxx), had to manually bind each IP. (maybe this is how it's supposed to be, but there are times when DHCP assigns already used IP's and then I had to manually remove the auto-assigning in Hotspot/Hosts, create static DHCP entry for the mac, static ip binding )
do you really need Universal Client feature?.. just remove 'Address Pool' from Hotspot and stay at DHCP addresses
- RB951 reboots when trying to do Wireless Snooping (this is fixed in latest RC6)
first, it's fixed. second, rc8 is 10 days old - and you're talking about rc5 bugs? %)
there are some others but this reply-box would timeout
LOL WUT?