Community discussions

MikroTik App

imaljko4
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

re: How to monitor the Upload/download rate of clients?

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to moniotor the actual download upload rate of client computers in my network?

I am running an internet cafe, with 9 client computers in my network. I am not limiting the Upload/download speed of the client computers, but in case that somebody starts uploading or downloading to much, and so my network gets stuck, i would like to be able to see which client is responsible for this, and then limit his Upload/download speed for some time.

Is this possible with Mikortik RB, and how could i set it up?

Once more:
1. Monitor the actual Upload/download speed of clients.
2. Limit the rate of a specific client, if its neceserry.

Thanks

P.s. I know i am able to do this if i connect the clients via Hotpsot feature, but is there also another way?
Because i think it would be better if the computers in the Internet cafe are not on the hotspot...(would be more simple).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tws101
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: re: How to monitor the Upload/download rate of clients?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Why not just put in a PCQ Queue and call the issue resolved.

Then you can exempt your private computers from the rules so you have all the bandwidth you need.

imaljko4
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: re: How to monitor realtime Upload/download rate of clie

Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:58 am

Why not just put in a PCQ Queue and call the issue resolved.

Then you can exempt your private computers from the rules so you have all the bandwidth you need.
I didnt quite understand your answere.
Can i see real time bandwidth of the client computers with PCQ Queue?

And if yes, how can i do it?

Thanks

nerdtron
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:17 am

If each client is connected on their own ethernet port on the mikrotik router, you can try limit upload/download limit per port.

zap71
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:36 am

You might want to check out "/tools graphing".

The graphs will show up on your routers IP address on /graph.

It will give you detailes graphs for each client you setup and I assume that if you bild a own HTML file with the daily graph of each interfacel, you can view them all in 5-minute windows.

Zap.

imaljko4
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 am

What i need is real time monitor of clients, which shows realtime uplaod/download rate of clients per IP address.

I found a great tool to do it here: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77193 (big thanks to the tool maker, its really great!!)

Still i wanted to know if there is an option, to do the monitoring directly through the RouterOs- Winbox, without having to run an additional server-computer and the utility.

Thanks

c0d3rSh3ll
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:41 pm

What i need is real time monitor of clients, which shows realtime uplaod/download rate of clients per IP address.

I found a great tool to do it here: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77193 (big thanks to the tool maker, its really great!!)

Still i wanted to know if there is an option, to do the monitoring directly through the RouterOs- Winbox, without having to run an additional server-computer and the utility.

Thanks
You can use torch tool and filter by ip of user and interface for traffic monitoring in real time.

Send from my mobile phone using Tapatalk.

karina

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Activate hotspot on the router authenticate users by Mac address. The host list will you who is doing what. This also is an easy way to give different devices different bandwidth.