MikroTik App

Shahar
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik as Office router

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:59 am

Hi,
I am new to MikrotTik ...

Now we want to replace old Linksys with MikroTik (RB2011L V5.2) in office.
i make same basic steps to make it worked
  • 1. Setup ip address and dhcp sever to lan
    2. disconnect Linksys wan from cables modem and connect MikroTik
    3. setup DHCP-Client (on the interface that connected to cable modem)
    4. setup L2TP client on the router to connect my ISP.
    5. add static public IP address from ISP to ip address on interface VPN (to ISP)
    6. setup NAT
so we have now 2 major issues.
  • 1. when we try to send ping via router to outside we got time out . i tried to run traceroute on the router we i sow that the router tried to go out side to cable modem
    2. we also tried to install VPN server on the router without successful (we thinks that its also related to the first issue)
    we allowed L2TP and PPTP Server , create interface of both and we tried to connected from outside we got error 678 the remote computer did not respond but when the laptop connected inside its works.
If any information is missing, say I will complete the details
Thanks in advance!

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Mikrotik as Office router

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Are you using 5.2 or 5.20? If using 5.20 please post /export compact.

SeaburyNorton
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:50 pm

I've run into a similar issue with cable modems... some companies tend to set them to "bind" to the first device they see... so, although you plugged in the mtik, the cable modem is still trying to find the mac address of the linksys box.

Try pulling the power on the cable modem for a few moments, then restart.

Shahar
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:30 pm

We solved the issues with add new routes to 0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1 via VPN its works (vpn + pingout from the MikroTik)
But now i have new issues -
  • 1. We connect all the ports to switches/computer and between the port i cant ping computers.
    I saw that the mac address learned successful (via arp -a) but when i send the ping i got replay from the MikroTik IP address and not the computer.
    2. On VPN connection i allowed proxy-arp (on local-bridges) and i still cant connect to remote computers
    3. On only one computer i have problem to learn the MAC address of MikroTik bridge, its learned other MAC address of MikroTik.
    I changed all ARP settings of interfaces to disabled and allow just arp proxy on bridge-local
The version is 5.20

Export configuration - http://pastebin.com/Usr6JfW2