Community discussions

MikroTik App

ve2abc
just joined
Topic Author

Sierra Wireless LTE Card on Rogers Network in Canada

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:50 pm

This message is not a complaint , but a solution for those of you who wants to use the Sierra Wireless modem in Canada over the Rogers LTE network.
Just plug the card, watch it appearing in /Interfaces , LTE tab, and configure the APN to Lteinternet.apn , then apply .
Next, configure a D.H.C.P. client with this new interface ( LTEx ) , do your Masquerade on this interface and create a route 0.0.0.0 to it .
Reboot the beast ! That`s it , it should work,
Have fun, Serge ve2abc :D :D

ogk
just joined

Re: Sierra Wireless LTE Card on Rogers Network in Canada

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:40 am

Well do you have any suggestions for what to do if the LTE connection does not appear in the interfaces tab?

maxrate
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:44 am

This message is not a complaint , but a solution for those of you who wants to use the Sierra Wireless modem in Canada over the Rogers LTE network.
Hello (I understand this is an old post) - would you please explain what exactly is not compliant? I took your suggestion and I was able to connect. Thank you

nerdtron
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:15 am

He probably means "this is not a complain" which means his post is not about a problem he is having.

maxrate
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:00 am

Completely misread that. My apologies. I am having trouble with an RB751U-2HnD device running 6.11 with an external MC7700 Sierra Card. Connects just fine with the information above - trouble is, always asserts itself as the default route, despite "add default route" not being checked off. I tried via the CLI as well as the GUI and same issue. Does not honour the distance metric either :P

I sent an email to support - but haven't heard back.

maxrate
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:41 pm

I thought I would just update this thread as I made some comments on the default gateway. That is configurable via the DHCP-CLIENT attached to the LTE interface. Working very well. Uldis at Mikrotik responded to the support email I sent in. Thank you everyone.