Community discussions

MikroTik App

leequince
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:09 pm

Branding.... The ability to put our logo on the webbox / web landing page... Like we used to be able to..

This would help us with so many customers.

Lee

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:05 pm

How about an update to th Marvel drivers..
Namely:
Marvell 8053 Gigabit PCI-Express x1 Gigabit Ethernet controller.

I have a board with two and they are not seen.. :(

Craig

Mapik
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:12 pm

add pppoe relay agent
this feature will pass pppoe by wlan pseudo bridge
not planned at the moment.
Why not? It will be really useful for clients who want to dial more then one pppoe connection (eg. some neighbours with two independent accounts) via one wireless device. And it should be easy to implement I think ... http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcm ... -relay.htm

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:07 am

Extension to allow creating MT user who has privileges onlyu to activate and deactivate dialup connection would be great. User should not be able to see settings, just to be able to activate/deactivate connection and see it's status.

The reaseon is that I have some clients that ask for option to use modem or ISDN and they need to be able to start it in simple way (acceptable for networking iliterate people). Dial on demand is out of question.

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:33 am

this is one thing I mentioned before, but now I have smo more specific demand :)

point is that when MT works as NAT, we have no mean to monitor connections users made to internet in more detailed way.

To get to the point, I run two outgoing intenret links. load balancing is set and it works fine. But, i have problem, that I cannot find out which connection goes through which link. In torch I can monitor local interface and see only outgoing IP's, in outgoing interface I can see only outgoing IP's. Whith lots of active connections it is very hard do get enything useful.

I managed to investigate problem by setting logging, but it is unnaceptable for everyday use since it demands lots of guessing.

I would like to be able to see information about outgoing interface in torch (even better if I can filter connection by that information too), but also in firewall / connections. That would help me out to easily check where each connection goes.
This would also help solve me the other problem I have - I actually have several interlan interfaces and when I try to monitor users activiry on Internet link, I also get local traffic (Targeted to other local interfaces) which makes too much data on the screen and when there is too much data, it becomes unreadable.

sten
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:26 am

MTU above 1500 on the many 10/100 Base-TX cards that are out there.
RealTek and NSC DP83816 (used on RB230's) as examples. It would help greatly for eliminating fragmentation when using EoIP and such, and it makes 1500 byte PPPoE tunnels possible.

More information available in SNMP.

Support for IPSec minipci offloaders.

Fix default action in bridge filter when reaching end of chain (in ip firewall it is 'return' but in bridge it is 'accept'.)

Fix wireless station to use same basic rate as ap's. Meaning if AP only sends at 18 Mbit/s with 18 Mbit/s basic-rate then station should assume 18 Mbit/s for supported rates and 18 Mbit/s basic-rate. Right now we must stick to 2.8 clients to achieve this.

FEC - Forward Error Correction. Adds overhead but improves rate of successfully received frames in a noisy environment.

Use only PIO4 access to harddrives.

Make tool to let us to see supout files to better help our customers.

Add ip firewall match option in 'forward' chain to match packets that enter and exit the same interface. This is to help prevent unintended TTL loops.

'ppp' chain functionality in mangle chains 'prerouting' and 'forward'.

bridge filter match option to match unicast packets that get broadcasted.

bridge filter to automatically drop packets with invalid mac-address.

ability to do remote wireless scan for a certain amount of seconds.

do tcp mss adjustments correctly in ppp profile.

put back ability to see wireless ack packets in sniffer files.

restore ability to send/receive neighbor discoveries on bridge members

use ip firewall address-lists as access-lists for router services.

PEAP-MSCHAPv2 authentication when doing WPA/WPA2 EAP.

error counters on interfaces.

configuration revisjon counters so scripts doing backup of configuration can do backups only when changes has occurred.

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Channel reuse on the same site

Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:54 am

We need to able to reuse the same channel on a single site to support much more subscribers thus improving economics....
very good sugestion, if this is supportable by the hardware (which I'm not sure that it would be), I would definitly like to see it added.

npero

Sun May 06, 2007 8:30 pm

Can you add something like address list for MAC address I have lot of firewall and bridge rules based on MAC address something like address list for MAC have been helpfull.

Best regards.

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon May 07, 2007 6:07 pm

Can you add option that we can handle some system events, like login failure? It would be gogod if we can block out Ip which from login failures come, and also option to send warning email to admin. It could be useful for other system critical events.

Diganet

Re:

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:57 pm

we already support protocol IGMP for IP Multicast (compliance with RFC 2236)

Support IP Multicast with use Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) and Sparse and Dense Mode (compliance with RFC 2362, 3973) are being developed.
Is there any news on this matter? I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really could use this for a lot of customers :-)

/Henrik

akukula

Re:

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:47 pm

Can you add option that we can handle some system events, like login failure? It would be gogod if we can block out Ip which from login failures come, and also option to send warning email to admin. It could be useful for other system critical events.
It is already possible if you log to syslog, or better syslog-ng, on any *nix. You can use any log parsing tool and execute commands on Mikrotik via SSH to add a rule to the filter to disable the offending IP, and send mail to the admin.

Regards,
Andrzej

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Re:

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:44 pm

It is already possible if you log to syslog, or better syslog-ng, on any *nix. You can use any log parsing tool and execute commands on Mikrotik via SSH to add a rule to the filter to disable the offending IP, and send mail to the admin.
I'll take this as a joke :)

akukula

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:32 pm

I'll take this as a joke :)
No I'm dead serious. It's working setup, that can do magic things. Many tasks that Mikrotik is incapable of, can be offloaded to a smarter host and for me it works like a charm. But of course YMMV.

Regards,
Andrzej

Hammy
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Regards,
Andrzej
I've found getting Linux based Syslog systems to be quite the PITA. Kiwi Syslog for Windows works great "out of the box".

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: BETA Testing and Feature Suggestions for next routeros

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:41 pm

It would be fien if we could have Traffic and system resource graphing available in XML format together with HTML. XML is easier to parse and use data. This is not hard to do and would be very useful.

akukula

Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:30 pm

It would be fien if we could have Traffic and system resource graphing available in XML format together with HTML. XML is easier to parse and use data. This is not hard to do and would be very useful.
Of course, and I think it's also very easy to make them available in PDF, CSV and a format suitable for network-aware refrigerators. Just one question. What for? SNMP can do magic, in a few minutes you can pull these data and convert it to whatever you want.

IMHO RouterOS lacks far more important features, I would not waste developer time to address such an issue.

Regards,
Andrzej

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:51 pm

IMHO RouterOS lacks far more important features, I would not waste developer time to address such an issue.
agreed. focus should be on improving SNMP features, not developing XML tools.

phendry
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:46 pm

Is there any news on this matter? I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really could use this for a lot of customers :-)
Looks like its in RC6 ;) Have you tested yet?

ghmorris
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:40 pm

I would really like to see packet loss counters as part of the speedtest utility. This request comes from running more and more voice over the network.

For example, we simulate 3 concurrent voip calls by setting up 300kb bi-directional UDP data streams. It would be great to have total packets/packet loss counters as part of the UDP test.

George

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:47 am

I would really like to see packet loss counters as part of the speedtest utility. This request comes from running more and more voice over the network.

For example, we simulate 3 concurrent voip calls by setting up 300kb bi-directional UDP data streams. It would be great to have total packets/packet loss counters as part of the UDP test.

George
don't forget a jitter measurement while running the test... jitter is a bigger problem to VoIP then latency...

ghmorris
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:23 pm

Good point.

Integration of an iPerf package would be great, and would be even better if it had a graphical interface like the current bandwidth tester!!

George

JR
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:39 pm

HeadsUp display of date and time in winbox, in the top bar. Tnx.

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:19 am

HeadsUp display of date and time in winbox, in the top bar. Tnx.
i don't see the value of adding this... besides, isn't that what a wrist watch is for? :)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:24 pm

... or windows taskbar?

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:14 pm

... or windows taskbar?
I was trying to be nice... 8)

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 am

we already support protocol IGMP for IP Multicast (compliance with RFC 2236)

Support IP Multicast with use Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) and Sparse and Dense Mode (compliance with RFC 2362, 3973) are being developed.
Normis,
I have several devices that need to be connected via PIM-Dense Mode. Has there been any progress made on implementing this mode?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:35 am

Sorry, low priority feature request, currently no progress.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 am

RouterOS supports PIM-SM only, PIM-DM is not planned. There are known ways how to get streams from DM to SM, but not the other way around.

chojrak11
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Simple filter textbox for Winbox pleeeeease :) Just one textbox :) I beg you :)
I have so many saved connections, it takes much time to find where to connect to...
Here's the idea:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.