Community discussions

MikroTik App

raymonvdm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Bridging ethernet and PPPoE

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 pm

This week my ISP connection changed from a broadband router with routed subnet to a router with a pppoe connection. In the past i was bridging my ether4 interface (ISP) with a vlan4 interface (which holds my VM servers) to use a public ip on vlan4

Since i changed from ether4 to PPPOE interface i`m unable to bridge the two interfaces together.

How can i solve this issue ?

raymonvdm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Bridging ethernet and PPPoE

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:11 pm

I have a little update on this because i changed the following

- PPPOE tunnel is created to connect to my ISP
- PPP Profile is made for that tunnel to try to get the interface unnumbered (Just like a Cisco would)
- Public ip addresses are bound on VLAN4 subinterface on LAN

I can ping to the ip adresses that are bound on vlan4 using a remote server on the internet ( so the ping is from a remote host)

I can ping a adress which is located on a server connected on vlan4

I cannot ssh to the server connect on vlan (tcpdump does not show any incomming traffic, torch sees the traffic incomming on the PPPOE tunnl)

The issue:

How can i make the PPPOE tunnel unnumbered ( i know use localadres 172.16.16.16 in the PPP profile) because i think this wil be my issue

The profile

8   name="VDSL_Profile" local-address=172.16.16.16
     remote-ipv6-prefix-pool=(unknown) use-ipv6=yes use-mpls=no 
     use-compression=default use-vj-compression=default 
     use-encryption=default only-one=yes change-tcp-mss=default 

The tunnel

Flags: X - disabled, R - running 
 0  R name="VDSL PPPOE" max-mtu=1480 max-mru=1480 mrru=disabled interface=eth2 user="user@provider" password="donttel" 
      profile=VDSL_Profile service-name="" ac-name="" add-default-route=no dial-on-demand=no use-peer-dns=no allow=pap,chap,mschap1,mschap2