Community discussions

MikroTik App

fusa
just joined
Topic Author

Public ip tunnel

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:39 am

I've a RB at a remote site with multiple public addresses assigned.
Now I want to make a tunnel to this remote site with my home router (also RB) and tunnel a public ip to this router.

E.g.
Remote site:
Public IP's: 123.123.123.2 - 123.123.123.30
RB IP: 123.123.123.2

Home:
Public IP: Dynamic!

I did try this with an PPTP connection by putting the public addresses in the configuration of the PPTP server, but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?
Thank you,

mixig
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Public ip tunnel

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:00 pm

What exactly is not working? Did you allow PPTP from outside to the router? if not allow tcp port 1723 to the router (input chain).You can use your home rpouter as a clinet and another one as a server because it ha fixed public IP

fusa
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:07 pm

What exactly is not working? Did you allow PPTP from outside to the router? if not allow tcp port 1723 to the router (input chain).You can use your home rpouter as a clinet and another one as a server because it ha fixed public IP
I did create a PPTP server (on the remote RB) with my own profile, in the remote address I did put 123.123.123.10 and connected with the VPN (worked - status: connected - with the ip), but there was no internet access on it (on the PPTP connection). I've also added the route on the home RB so all traffic will go to this PPTP connection.

On the routes of the remote RB i've added a default route 0.0.0.0/0 and from the RB I can ping, but VPN doesn't show internet access.

All ports on both sides are open.

mixig
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Why are you using public ip addresses in pptp profile? Also when you have ip address for pptp client which is in the same subnet as some port on pptp server you must put proxy-arp under that interface on pptp server. Also if you want to go to internet over the pptp server you can set that option in windows pptp connection properties