Community discussions

MikroTik App

NAB
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

MUM 2013 - The British Contingent

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Firstly, the dates and location for MUM haven't been officially released and as they're subject to change, I won't leak anything here. For the purposes of planning dates, however, I believe MT now prefer the week after CeBIT.

Anyway, I've been to MUM for the past four years or so and the number of Brits there is woefully low. 2013 will be different. At the moment I know of five Brits planning to attend. This is a call for more!

The whole conference usually works out very cheap - cities are usually accessible by low cost carriers and booking in advance usually means the decent airlines are also cheap. Since the conference is held somewhere in Eastern Europe, hotels are usually cheap, but even if they're not, a quick Google will find one nearby which is.

From a personal point of view, MUM is well worth attending - it's always good to see what other people are doing and some of the talks are very very useful. Add to that the networking opportunities and the chance to sample foreign beer and you're on to a winner!

So, which Brits among you are interested?

nickshore
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: MUM 2013 - The British Contingent

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:31 pm

As you know already - we will be there ! Looking forward to meeting up.

Nick.

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 pm

We are definitely attending! I cannot agree with you more. I have thoroughly enjoyed every single MUM I have attended (although some have been in the middle of nowhere with limited bars/restaurants nearby :-( ) Let's hope this is at somewhere like the Westin Zagreb Hotel and not miles outside the city. :-(

B2B contacts has always been very fruitful. Plus meeting with other trainers and having one on one conversations with Mikrotik staff is always good natured and productive. (Normis in real life is nowhere near as scary as his avatar! LOL)

I also can't wait to visit the top attractions in Zagreb like the 'Museum of Broken Relationships' and the 'Mirogoj Cemetry' http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction ... agreb.html

We are also hoping to be selected by MikroTik to provide a MTCRE course before the MUM. Trainers can pitch in with their requests to use the hotel for training, but ultimately MikroTik select who gets the chance to be there, so that all the trainers that apply, get an equal chance over time. Otherwise some trainers might hog the opportunity and thus stopping others from doing them and getting a chance. Might even do a presentation again. The last one I did was interesting and no where near as frightening an experience as I thought. (Well, it was for the audience as they suddenly realised we were pitching questions at them, rather than sending them off to sleep with a monotone voice!)

So, roll up, roll up all you Brit's!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:46 pm

NAB said "I won't leak anything here", but Ron had no problems with that ;)

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Ron is Ron.. xDDDDDD

I'm waiting for the anual beer with him : D!

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Oops! Well, the 'official' announcement email from Mikrotik I had, didn't actually say there was an embargo! Sorry.

Normis, I'll get you a beer at the meet and greet as an apology..... oh hang on, it's free anyway.... and you guys are already paying for it....... Ah well, they say "it's the thought that counts"

Ibersystems - I'll even get you one as well :-)

TheWiFiGuy

MUM 2013 - The British Contingent

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:35 am

Ill be there!

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 am

Gurmuk, Claudio and Shane usually come from UK too.

Trisc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Haven't been for a couple of years, instead attending virtually via TikTube but seriously considering it for 2013.

I'm trying to persuade a colleague to give a presentation - he has done some really impressive things with enterprise hotspots on MT, but be warned - he doesn't mince words and will point out the bad things as well as the good!

NAB
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:58 pm

Announced now.

The first MUM in Croatia (Zagreb), March 14-15, 2013.

Hotel is the Sheraton in the centre.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... agreb.html

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:00 pm

http://mum.mikrotik.com/2013/HR/accomodation

1024px-Sheraton_Zagreb_Hotel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:04 pm

congratulations, NAB, number one name tag goes to you :)

NAB
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:57 pm

OK. I'm all booked up now.

Flying with Croatian Airlines from Heathrow. Out on the 13th at 1050 (OU491) and back on the 16th at 1435 (OU492).

I'll be driving from Warwick to Heathrow following this route, so if anybody wants a lift, just shout.

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 pm

OK. I'm all booked up now.

Flying with Croatian Airlines from Heathrow. Out on the 13th at 1050 (OU491) and back on the 16th at 1435 (OU492).

I'll be driving from Warwick to Heathrow following this route, so if anybody wants a lift, just shout.
Easyjet flights are also available on 14th and 15th from London to Zagreb, but not on 13th and 16th ... you can however travel from London to Ljubljana with Easyjet on 13th and return on 16th. Ljubljana is about 90 miles away, transfer from airport to Ljubljana city center (train station in ljubljana is located in city center) is cheap, train ticket from Ljubljana to Zagreb costs about 15eur (23 return) and main train station is located in Zagreb city center some 1700ft from Sheraton hotel.

JF

NAB
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Easyjet
Travelled Easyjet every other weekend for three years when I worked in Zurich. Swore I'd never fly with them again!

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:06 pm

I would rather fly directly into the city I wanted to go to, than fly into another country with EasyJet LOL (Having flown many times with EasyJet and "BrianAir" I am no longer keen on any of them)

Mind you, BAA are just as bad with their "London (insert name of city that is no where near London) International Airport" naming conventions :roll: