Community discussions

mobilexpi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

DHCP Server per each port and independent WAN IPs

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi guys,
I'm helping a friend of mine to configure his router. He wants to configure a RB750 with 4 DHCP Servers, with independent IP ranges for each port, expect the WAN port. He already did that, but now the second part is to configure 4 DHCP Clients (with one IP to be masquerade for each LAN port) on the WAN port. The idea is to create independent NAT masquerade rules for the LAN ports, and each port with an independent WAN IP for AAA. Any idea?

Thanks,

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Re: DHCP Server per each port and independent WAN IPs

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:40 pm

...the second part is to configure 4 DHCP Clients (with one IP to be masquerade for each LAN port) on the WAN port.
Can't be done. You can only have one DHCP client on each interface. You need to do this with static IPs on the WAN interface.
Nicholas Barnes BSc(hons)
Certified Mikrotik Consultant
Certified Mikrotik Trainer

Vitell - Asterisk, Linux and network consultants
Unofficial IRC channel: #routerboard on irc.z.je

Feklar
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: DHCP Server per each port and independent WAN IPs

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:40 pm

The only way that I can think of that you might be able to do that is to use VLANs on the WAN port, and set a DHCP client on each VLAN interface. The only way that will work however is if you have a smart switch connected to the WAN that can read and strip off VLAN tags. It would be much better to contact the ISP and get a static subnet assigned to your account.