MikroTik App

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

European MUM 2013: Croatia!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:01 pm

http://mum.mikrotik.com/2013/HR/accomodation

Our next years major EUROPEAN MUM will take place March 14-15, central Zagreb! More than 800 people expected. If you want to go to a MUM, this is the best choice!
1024px-Sheraton_Zagreb_Hotel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

denis
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: European MUM 2013: Croatia!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Nice one. It's just 4h of drive for me.
C-U there! I hope ...

Regards!

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:24 pm

If any Brits are planning on going, see this forum topic.

wpeople

European MUM 2013: Croatia!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tomaskir
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:08 pm

I shall be there!

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:45 am

+1!

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:31 pm

4 months is too much to wait news about revolutionary new products? :lol: :lol:

ropeba
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:48 pm

see you all there :)

denis
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:28 am

smytht
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Lads... Im Going.... I think it will be a good one....:)

Rock On :)

jager
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:55 pm

See you there! I just paid online my registration :)

Boter
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Oh cool :) see you there than :)

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Can someone from MikroTik PLEASE bring along an audio cable to connect the TikTube recording video camera to the Hotel's Audio PA system used for the presentations this time, if the hotel cannot guarantee they have one?

I am tired of hearing the audio being recorded from the built-in microphone of the digital camera! All I hear is a very quiet voice from the speaker, but also VERY loud voices, coughing, mobile phones ringing and other background noises from the guys sitting right next to the camera. :-(

Some MUM's this has worked, possibly as a suitable cable was arranged by someone, e.g. MUM CZ09, but so often, many MUM's videos are simply unable to be viewed as I have no clue to what the presenter is saying.

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Can someone from MikroTik PLEASE bring along an audio cable to connect the TikTube recording video camera to the Hotel's Audio PA system used for the presentations this time, if the hotel cannot guarantee they have one?

I am tired of hearing the audio being recorded from the built-in microphone of the digital camera! All I hear is a very quiet voice from the speaker, but also VERY loud voices, coughing, mobile phones ringing and other background noises from the guys sitting right next to the camera. :-(

Some MUM's this has worked, possibly as a suitable cable was arranged by someone, e.g. MUM CZ09, but so often, many MUM's videos are simply unable to be viewed as I have no clue to what the presenter is saying.
I'll second that !!!!!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

We do this many times, but nobody can force the person to speak into the microphone.

The problem is this - if the sound is recorded from the room, and the guy doesn't talk into the mic, you can at least hear him a little. If the sound is recorded from the mic, you will not hear anything (silence) when he keeps the mic 5cm from the mouth or further.

For a sample of this issue, listen to the first sentences that this person says: http://www.tiktube.com/video/LKfI3hKDcp ... uClFoKFGD=

pospanko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:29 pm

I talked with Edmunds about this last year in Warsaw.
Company like MT should hire professionals to record MUM events.
To have multiple cameras, video director, sound technicians...
It is sadly that good lectures are wasted because of poor video.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:38 pm

I talked with Edmunds about this last year in Warsaw.
Company like MT should hire professionals to record MUM events.
To have multiple cameras, video director, sound technicians...
It is sadly that good lectures are wasted because of poor video.
Here is a sample of the HD video of last year European MUM: http://www.tiktube.com/video/JDfF3elHcl ... umlKomKJm=

What improvements do you wish for? Sound is good, video is good, you can read the slides. What is missing in your opinion? What purpose is for multiple camera angles if all you want to see is the presentation ?

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks Normis, you make me laugh a lot with this last post :lol: . It's Ron talking..! But I can remember other presentations.. that I'm sure is impossible to hear nothing.

We know it's "expensive".. I have a company doing broadcasting videos and recording all in very good quality. We had a price at about 1200 € for 1 day of work + travels.. It's "expensive". This is a company based in Spain, but I'm sure there is people doing the same in Croatia..

Personally, I have to pay a lot to go to MUM. This year I will share the room from 12 to 16th (200€ for me). Flight is about 260 € from Spain. Transportation BCN-airport-airport-Zagreg-Airport its about 130 € more. Food it's X€. We all have to pay a lot these days (and I'm glad to pay it..)

The videos of ticktube isn't bad at all... but a company like Mikrotik that sells a LOT of hardware have to improve in this MUM videos. You can see the new super videos of cloud core router... This videos are not like old datasheets ; )

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi All,

If you think €260 is expensive, the CHEAPEST flight from Malta to Zagreb on those dates (12 to 16), excluding any additional taxes, is €525 and that involves a stop of about 6hrs via Frankfurt each leg and a plane change.

Now that is what I call expensive :shock:

Rgds,
Mark.

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:30 pm

260 its a average price. Yours its expensive. Other MUMs I paid 120€..

I was only listing "all" my payments to tell normis that we make good investments to go to MUMs to tell him to try to make better videos to review it with good quality.

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi Martin,

100% agree with your comment. That was exactly my point. MUM cost, if I manage to make it this year, shall be over €1000. This is not including time off from my office and other ancillaries.

On the question of what Normis says about not all the presenters speaking into the mic, maybe a small body worn one would help?

Just my 0.01€c :D

Rgds,
Mark.

jager
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Guys, stop complaining about expensive airplane ticket. I'm coming to MUM from Sierra Leone, West Africa.

Freetown - London - Zagreb

Just imagine the cost. So, keep quiet ;)

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 am

jager, contact me for a free beer in the hotel! :lol: It's nice to meet people comming from far places!

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:06 am

Hi Jager,

Not actually complaining about the cost. At least from my perspective, one needs to balance ROI. Malta is only 316 square km in size, the most densely populated island forming part of the EU and pretty much well wired with DSL, HFC & fibre so not really much space for wifi but we do use MikroTik for other things.

Therefore our market potential is pretty small, especially when most of the IT admins around (potential clients) only seem to think that Cisco can do it! We also get a beating on the price since we have to get all goods via sea or air.

Also, a glance via Skyscanner puts the cost of your flight (12th to 16th) at around €918 being the cheapest. Considering the distances you are flying, I would say your flight is cheap and mine is a RIP OFF!!!! It's just perception, after all. All I am stating is that we all make an effort to be there.

BTW, have a safe trip. If I make it and manage to meet you, I'll spring for a beer :lol:

Rgds,
Mark.

jager
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 am

I like free beers :) Will accept all offers :D

@siscom
Where did you find the ticket for that price??

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:18 am

Hi jager,

Got an ipad app called skyscanner and just use that one.
I 'think' it's also available at www.skyscanner.com?

Rgds,
Mark.

jager
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:27 am

It says "Sorry, we found no results on these dates." for Freetown - Zagreb 12-16th March.

But nevermind, I'm leaving Freetown at 1st of March, flying Freetown-London-Belgrade (going HOMEEEE), than Belgrade-Paris at 9th of March to be at ACE O&MSC meeting and finally 13th of March is my flight from Paris to Zagreb. After MUM, 16th, I'm flying to London, no flight till next day and finally, returning to Freetown. Very nice month, considering that I like to travel!

See you all in Zagreb, the second round of beers on me! :)

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Here is a sample of the HD video of last year European MUM: http://www.tiktube.com/video/JDfF3elHcl ... umlKomKJm=

What improvements do you wish for? Sound is good, video is good, you can read the slides. What is missing in your opinion? What purpose is for multiple camera angles if all you want to see is the presentation ?
For every good example, I can give you many more bad examples. The audio is NOT being recorded from the Microphone, but from somewhere else.
http://www.tiktube.com/video/nqgF3goJeH ... tClCoCFFq=

We can either keep finding good and bad examples until this thread is locked by MT because it turns into a flame war, OR we can agree that 'a few'/'some'/'many'/'who cares how many' videos have had very bad/useless/no audio and we work out a way now rather than afterwards when it is too late, how to stop this happening, instead of throwing examples at each other where some recordings are good and some are bad. :-)

Perhaps it means that someone with headphones is listening to the actual audio being recorded and has the authority to stop a presentation until the audio is made clear? Otherwise, recording and uploading a presentation with no audio is a waste of your time even bothering to do the upload :P (IMHO of course! :-) )

uksv29
just joined

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi All,

If you think €260 is expensive, the CHEAPEST flight from Malta to Zagreb on those dates (12 to 16), excluding any additional taxes, is €525 and that involves a stop of about 6hrs via Frankfurt each leg and a plane change.
I have the same issue, over QAR3200 round trip for flights (Around Euro 700) from Doha :-)

On a more serious note I find MUM to be invaluable for meeting people and seeing what is really going on outside the Middle East so I'll keep coming. My only complaint is the exhibitor stands have nothing to buy and take home at the meetings. It is very difficult and expensive to order wireless and router equipment for delivery to Qatar, we have funny import requirements which generally mean it is much easier to bring small quantities of evaluation kit in by hand rather than shipping via DHL etc.

It can be frustrating to see things at the MUM but be unable to take one back to play with it. By the time I get back to the office and start to think about the paperwork required to order a test unit my interest has usually dropped off considerably.

Andy

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 am

For every good example, I can give you many more bad examples. The audio is NOT being recorded from the Microphone, but from somewhere else.
http://www.tiktube.com/video/nqgF3goJeH ... tClCoCFFq=

We can either keep finding good and bad examples until this thread is locked by MT because it turns into a flame war, OR we can agree that 'a few'/'some'/'many'/'who cares how many' videos have had very bad/useless/no audio and we work out a way now rather than afterwards when it is too late, how to stop this happening, instead of throwing examples at each other where some recordings are good and some are bad. :-)

Perhaps it means that someone with headphones is listening to the actual audio being recorded and has the authority to stop a presentation until the audio is made clear? Otherwise, recording and uploading a presentation with no audio is a waste of your time even bothering to do the upload :P (IMHO of course! :-) )
As I have explained before, The choice is usually this: either we have bad audio recorded from the speakers, or we have no audio at all, if the person doesn't speak in the microphone. In the first case, you can hear at least something, because the sound comes from the room. If the person doesn't speak in the mic, you still hear him. In the second case, you will not hear anything, if the sound is recorded from the mic, and the person is not holding it right. We can't carry our own microphones, because the hotel PA systems are different, and there is no universal standard for wireless mic communications.

BobcatGuy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Im sure there is a wireless MIC that the presenter can clip onto thier shirt, and plug directly into the camera.

I have seen them before where you can have multiple wireless mics, and the guy using the camera can select with sliders which MIC is active, and monitor the audio through head set.

This way, say you have 4 Mic's and the Host will always wear one, he introduces the presenter, then the MIC level of the host gets turned down,a nd the presenter, MIC 2 gets turned up, and have say 4 of these wireless MIC's so there is a spare.

This will solve everyones issue, Having Good audio on the recording, and COST. I know there is an initial investment for these wireless MIC's, but bring it to all the MUM's and everyone gets thier good audio.

When I say MIC, I mean Clip on MIC as seen in the links below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/4-Channel-Wirel ... B004E55R50
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/shu ... 9830b3en02
http://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/office ... QgodDycA2A

My Suggestion would be, and I am basing this on the couple of MUM videos I have seen, I have not seen very many at all, but what I recall is that the camera is on a tripod, and no one moves it, I got bored. I would like to see some camera movement, and preferably not from the guy sitting next to it as he coughs and bumps it.

If I knew about this MUM earlier, I would of went, I have family that is very close to there that I could of visited. ( I havnt been to the website for a while )

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Im sure there is a wireless MIC that the presenter can clip onto thier shirt, and plug directly into the camera.
The problem for MikroTik is how many different models would they have to carry with them? Every Country has it's own local laws about what equipment can be used on what frequency, for what purpose. If the UK laws on the use of "Wireless Microphones" is similar to every other country. God help them! As Normis says, all they can do is rely (and hope?) on the Hotel having good equipment. Plus a presenter that knows which end of the microphone to talk into :P

My argument is that as soon as someone (MikroTik staff?) detects the audio is so low to be useless, the presenter should be stopped as otherwise the video is completely useless.

I got fed up watching silent movies when I was little child. I believe they even have surround sound and colour these days! :P So why not the TikTube videos. The poor quality lets 'the show' down. :-(

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:14 pm

till now
How many companies ?
How many people registered?
Its a long road
I m afraid not to be much smaller than MUM in Warsaw

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:54 am

till now
How many companies ?
How many people registered?
Its a long road
I m afraid not to be much smaller than MUM in Warsaw
we have several hundred more registered than previous european MUM

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:55 am

My argument is that as soon as someone (MikroTik staff?) detects the audio is so low to be useless, the presenter should be stopped as otherwise the video is completely useless.
We could bring our own audio system, including not only the microphones, but also the receivers and whatnot. Then we could just not use the hotel mic system. We will think about this.

I got fed up watching silent movies when I was little child. I believe they even have surround sound and colour these days! :P So why not the TikTube videos. The poor quality lets 'the show' down. :-(
Silent movies? You are not that old :)

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Im happy! The MUM is here! : D!!

bax
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:46 pm

Hm ... free ticket for entry ... where is lost ? Im must print one ? corect ?
Im searching here but cant find http://mum.mikrotik.com/register.php?solis=6&section=44

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Try to register again with same data and you will be able to print again the ticket. If not, send an email to support@

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:37 am

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:05 pm

arrrgh... unfortunately, I have to stay at the office those days... I even have got a visa :(

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:30 pm

AAAARF x'(

miro
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:22 pm

In rooms there is no wifi :twisted:
On fourth floor things has changed :)

bax
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 pm

In rooms there is no wifi :twisted:
On fourth floor things has changed :)
Welcome to Croatia :)

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 am

I hope the live feed actually works this time!

I need my new products fix :)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 am

I hope the live feed actually works this time!

I need my new products fix :)
I have heard that the internet is not so good in the MUM hotel. This is beyond our control, it is already the best hotel in the city.

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 pm

We are in Charles de gaulle airport since 10 am.. we wake up at 4.00am.. Due to snow they cancelled the flight.. and perhaps the flight of this afternoon will be cancelled too. AAAARFFF!

miro
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:24 pm

> I have heard that the internet is not so good in the MUM hotel.

It is catastrophic.

ohara

Odp: European MUM 2013: Croatia!

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:31 pm

I have heard that the internet is not so good in the MUM hotel. This is beyond our control, it is already the best hotel in the city.
Are there no local wisps in the area?
;)

miro
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:48 pm

> Are there no local wisps in the area?

Yes there are, bot noone from executive level(its on 6th floor), won't let me in their room, to mount some sextant on beside their window
:D :D :D

bax
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Only on roof is maybe signal from my network :D

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:08 pm

We are in Charles de gaulle airport since 10 am.. we wake up at 4.00am.. Due to snow they cancelled the flight.. and perhaps the flight of this afternoon will be cancelled too. AAAARFFF!
we wintered the winter, now we have to winter the spring?..

in airport you can make your own MUM, with blackjack and... you know :D

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:10 am

We are in the hotel right now! 21h from Barcelona to Zagreb. I think next time we come faster by car :lol: