memoit
just joined
Topic Author

Accessing Link Before Mikrotik Router

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi Dears

i have Mikrotik RB 1100 AH with real ip x.x.x.x
& it provide my network With LAN IP 10.5.10.1/24
& it's connected with the ISP through Data Link (Rocket M5 from UBNT) i want to access the Data link from my LAN network
without Disconnection the Ethernet cable from mikrotik

pls see the attached picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dobby

Re: Accessing Link Before Mikrotik Router

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Deleted because not related.
Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

adairw
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Accessing Link Before Mikrotik Router

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:31 pm

I would create a vlan on the MikroTik wan interface and bridge it with your lan or put its own subnet on it so its routable. On the rocket connected to the mtk create a vlan on the lan interface that matches what you set on the mtk. Set the vlan as the management vlan on that radio.
What I am unsure about is the best way to carry that vlan across the wireless and to the other side. I know you would build a vlan on the wlan interface and set it as management but unsure how exactly to setup the bridge between the lan of one and the wlan of the other.
If I get around a radio I can play with I'll see exactly what needs too happen.

But basically the wan traffic will flow untagged between the two lan ports of the rockets and you'll have a tagged management vlan for management. Be sure to increase the mtu on the two rockets to allow passing the vlan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2