Community discussions

MikroTik App

ChayChey
just joined
Topic Author

Multiple dhcp-client on wan interface

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:32 pm

I have a 493AH routerboard (Version 4.5) and I need to config the following:

My Internet provider give me a five public static ip, but they are static by mac, so I need to config five macs on one interface, each one with a dhcp-client. Each IP is mapped to a server with DNS, Mail Server, Web, and Application Server. And I have one interface with my LAN.

My question is how I add differents mac to an interface? I tried to use VLAN and Queues, by it didn't work. I tried to use virtual ethernet, but I couldn't set the dhcp.

Some advices?

jgellis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Multiple dhcp-client on wan interface

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 am

Connect your ISP modem/router to a switch, plug 5 of your 9 RouterBOARD ports into the switch.

But the real question is WHY?

Why do you NOT want the servers to get their own IP addresses? Picture the following:
  • ether1=WAN
  • ether2=LAN
  • ether3-ether4=empty
  • ether5-ether9=DMZ (Servers)
  • bridge ether1 & ether5 through ether9
  • enable ip firewall for bridge
  • do whatever ip firewall filtering/mangling you desire on the bridge, even by bridge interface to protect you servers as required
  • and finally, an updated ROS (version 6 is soon to be stable, version 5 has been out for some time).
Each of your servers will have a unique mac-address that will be presented to your ISP via the MT bridge.