Community discussions

MikroTik App

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

24v PoE Midspan Injector from Digital Loggers - any good?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 pm

About to roll out a large network where we will have multiple Mikrotik radios, about 6-8 of them per site, depending on sectors required and backhauls etc.

Been looking for solutions to not only power them all, but control/monitor the power remotely. I have seen these Digital Logger guys mentioned on the MT forums before, but can't find much else out about them. I.e. good or bad!

Has anyone got any of these devices, or a better idea for powering multiple Mikrotik kit from a single mains outlet, with battery backup and surge protection for the CAT5e sockets all in one box. Not looking for 'Heath Robinson' DIY kits we could build, although we are all quite competent at knocking together something, we decided that for this project we would prefer an 'all in one' commercially made product instead of something we could build from dozens of parts.

http://www.digital-loggers.com/poe24.html

Oh - word of warning for the faint hearted - DON'T watch the video advertising it! LOL

skot
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: 24v PoE Midspan Injector from Digital Loggers - any good

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 pm

We recently picked up one of the 24v models. It has gone through in-house testing but has yet to be deployed it in the field. Hopefully soon...
Oh - word of warning for the faint hearted - DON'T watch the video advertising it! LOL
LOL! Agreed. We watched that video a few weeks ago and were stupified. What the??

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:42 pm

I've had one running for about 6 months..Works great !!

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks for that info so far. Reading on other forums I now see that some guys have had whole batches of these with sticky relays and early failure of the case cooling fan. I am hoping that this exactly that, a batch problem, which has now been resolved.