Community discussions

MikroTik App

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

RB 951-2n bricked/unusable after RC6 update

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 am

i had a RB 951-2n running ros 6.0rc5 and last night upgraded it to RC6. (all of this to address the nonstop wireless issues with this very buggy RB series).

the led lights come on, as well as the Ethernet port indicator if i plug in a Ethernet cable.

however i cant access or see the RB in anyway after this update, and holding the reset button does not seem to do anything.

any ideas on how to get this RB working again? this has turned into a 300$ waste as none of my 6x RB 951-2n can be put into real world as we cant get any stability out of them and have been trying for over 2 months now (ROS updates, firmware updates, nothing helps).

tks

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

RB 951-2n bricked/unusable after RC6 update

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:54 am

Sounds like you may need to netinstall.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

BrainWaveCC
just joined

Re: RB 951-2n bricked/unusable after RC6 update

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 am

i had a RB 951-2n running ros 6.0rc5 and last night upgraded it to RC6. (all of this to address the nonstop wireless issues with this very buggy RB series).

the led lights come on, as well as the Ethernet port indicator if i plug in a Ethernet cable.

however i cant access or see the RB in anyway after this update, and holding the reset button does not seem to do anything.

any ideas on how to get this RB working again? this has turned into a 300$ waste as none of my 6x RB 951-2n can be put into real world as we cant get any stability out of them and have been trying for over 2 months now (ROS updates, firmware updates, nothing helps).

tks
Were you ever able to get this working? I just had a similar problem after I upgraded from 5.20 to 6.0rc6. The install itself went fine, but when i tried to use partitions, I ended up just like you have.

I was hoping that the wireless stability was straightened out as well. Sigh....

-ASB

BrainWaveCC
just joined

Re: RB 951-2n bricked/unusable after RC6 update

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:44 am

tks
jo2jo, check out my thread where I finally got this resolved. Hopefully, it will help you.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69218