IsiaNT
just joined
Topic Author

bug with days of week in firewall rules

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:34 am

Mikrotik 751U-2HnD v 6.0rc2 - 6.0rc6
i create new rule in IP - Firewall - Filter Rules
+
at tab "Extra" in section "Time" when i uncheck fri (Frieday) and Apply then rule status changed to Invalid
need help!

jager
Trainer
Trainer

Re: bug with days of week in firewall rules

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi IsiaNT,

I noted the same error.
But, this is actually not a real error. It looks like since v6, if you include any date&time in your firewall rule, the ROS takes into consideration is this rule currently active or not. If you set a rule and uncheck Friday (which is actually TODAY), the rule turns to "invalid" to let you know that at this very moment it is not in use. If you check Friday as well, but set such timeline that does not include the current time, the rule will be invalid again. As soon as the rule is matching any the criteria you have set, it will automatically become OK.

To Mikrotik: I like this approach very much, so we can see which rule is active and which is not, depending on the weekday and time set. However, instead of marking it "Invalid", may I suggest to mark it as "Inactive"? "Invalid" sounds like we did something wrong.