Community discussions

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Split Tunneling / PPTP / DHCP

Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Is there a way that Mikrotik PPTP server can use the DHCP service instead of only using ip pools ?

"The Windows Server 2003 DHCP Server service supports the configuration of the Classless Static Routes option (option number 249). "

I have clients who would like us to hand them a list of routes so that they do not have to enable us as their default gateway or manage individual static routes... and I guess Windows PPTP service uses DHCP option 249 to hand them this. If not, maybe a nice change for a future version - using full dhcp server in mikrotik instead of just handing them an ip from a pool. The WINS and DNS servers options could then go away on the profile because the DHCP server hands those back already.

Thx,
Sam

odge
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Split Tunneling / PPTP / DHCP

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:51 am

Support, is it still not possible to support DHCP over PPP to hand out classless static routes?

Is there a recommended alternative? (I was thinking of perhaps in smaller networks handing out just a remote IP from the local subnet pool, and attaching them to a bridge that is already bridged to the local subnet of the physical network?)

vharseko
just joined

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:36 pm

UP
actual problem
howto get DHCPOFFER relay to local DHCP ?

rt001
just joined

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:17 pm

up
actual problem