Hi fellow Mikrotik users..
I'm brand new with Mikrotik and basically looking for some advice. Our office has seven branches and one central site trying to deploy a site to site VPN. I have some success in a test environment using two off the shelf linux servers with OpenVPN in UDP mode but we don't want all the burden of buy all the stuff (servers, licenses and UPS) and administer the seven servers (backup) in the branch offices. So I found Mikrotik in Google, and want to try it
Our needs are the following:
Central site with the branch offices:
1. Running apps through Remote Desktop.
2. File sharing.
3. Trend Micro Business Antivirus.
4. 24/7 operation time needed with the seven sites.
1. Proxy server for web surfing and e-mail. We need to limit the web access with the proxy.
2. Load balancing our web surfing and e-mail access with two different ISP. One with fixed IP and the other with dynamic IP address. Obviously the VPN tunnel will be deployed with the first one
3. Road warrior VPN service (a bunch of five laptops with Windows 7 and XP).
1. DHCP server.
2. Proxy server for web surfing and e-mail. We need to limit the web access with the proxy and save some bandwidth for the VPN service.
4. Each office has between three and five Windows computers with Windows 7 and XP, near 30 clients I think...
Now some questions:
1. Which Mikrotik hardware and software (RouterOS level) do I need?
2. The hardware in the central site is capable to support the seven tunnels at the same time?.
3. VoIP to be implemented in the future, Mikrotik has any hardware that could run Asterisk?.
I have included a diagram of our network.