MikroTik App

tchus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Retrieve "forgotten password" Radius Manager via SMS

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:32 pm

This may be in wrong topic area. I guess should have posted in "scripts"
But, since I don't use User manager anymore.
I'm using Radius Manager.
Trying to implement his SMS to mobile phone to enable users to recover "forgotten passwords".
Not having any luck.
Last edited by tchus on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SMS text message for "lost password" Radius Manager

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:16 am

this you can make in php..

Do you mean user can tell" hey" I forgot my password. I want it as an sms? This should be done in your php website. (Hotspot???))

If your goal is to have an sms, automaticly, if radius detect wrong password, you have to use some kind of trigger, that say "hello". now the user have tried to login 2-3 times". now we have to send an sms. This need to be don trough a script at radius server, communicating to your php site.

I cannot really se if you mean that you use the mikrotik as SMS gateway or not. If the mt is your sms gateway, with a 3g and sim etc, you need to have a script here.

aacable

Re: SMS text message for "lost password" Radius Manager

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:37 am

I have deployed DMASOFTLAB radius manager at various networks which have this option. If a user forget his password, he can retrieve it by clicking on FORGOT PASSWORD link, After submitting the mobile number, user will receive a code on his mobile number (If he have defined valid number while registering the account or by admin. Then after entering the code , he will receive new password.
You can see its example here under heading of "Howto Recover User Password via FORGOT PASSWORD link at user.php (ver 4.x or above)"

http://aacable.wordpress.com/2012/11/26 ... iguration/

I am pretty sure it can be done via customized backend scripting with some php frontend. User must have valid mobile number entry in radius table. so the script can verify his mobile number and can change the password this particular user and then it can sms/email him the new password. for sms you can attache any mobile to your radius box, for email you can configure gmail as relay and send it via script.

tchus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Retrieve "forgotten password" Radius Manager via SMS

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:42 am

Well,
As always, it was way more simplistic than I had thought.
I got it to work.

The trick is the string in DMASoftlabs' api.

You have to be sure to add the "mo=1" and of course your phone # they "rent" you.
And that's basically all there is to it.