Community discussions

MikroTik App

rogeriodj
just joined
Topic Author

Disappointment with CCR-1036

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Guys, come here to show my outrage list with this rb, because it took a rb1100AHx2 lost. I tried to put the CCR in place of a pc here that makes my BGP and connects about 200 pppoe clients, and it did not support the ping from inside the rb to own any equipment plugged into one of its lan, stood at around 80ms and losing packet traffic on 200mgs of media, not to mention that no optical ports do not work. The ai put a rb1100AH ​​and was a beauty, as it was more in schedule of less traffic tbm she was not going to hold the peak, I returned the pc al. The version of RouterOS is 6rc11, most unfortunately is a lot of money thrown away!

I do not speak English, I used google translator.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Disappointment with CCR-1036

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:29 pm

TX drops are fixed in this version:
http://www.mikrotik.com/download/share/ ... .0rc12.npk

Upgrade and let us know if the problems are fixed

rogeriodj
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:46 pm

GBIC module problem with tp-link TL-SM311LS, no longer recognizes livery nothing in rb2011l works 100% ...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:03 pm

GBIC module problem with tp-link TL-SM311LS, no longer recognizes livery nothing in rb2011l works 100% ...
Sorry please clairify more. Is this issue with CCR Only ? This SFP module works in RB2011 but not on CCR? Did it work before on older version ?

rogeriodj
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Sorry please clairify more. Is this issue with CCR Only ? This SFP module works in RB2011 but not on CCR? Did it work before on older version ?
Works in RB-2011L, does not work in CCR. The CCR is the same, no more traffic!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:40 am

we have fixed many of the outstanding issues and we have prioritized optimizations for different uses.

Some new CCR optimisations that are in the next release are:

- Made Simple Queue setups very fast
- TX packet loss issue fixed
- PPP setups speed increase (this would address your PPPoE issue)
- Firewall speed increase
- IPsec acceleration support is coming too

And more are coming.

As for your SFP problem, please email support with your supout.rif file. We will check how to add support for this module on the CCR.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:50 am

IPSEC support for CCR is in preRC12? Or are you talking about other next releases?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:02 am

IPSEC support for CCR is in preRC12? Or are you talking about other next releases?
one of the next releases, but not the next one.

FutileNetworks

Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:37 pm

I tried yesterday's build of rc12 on our CCR1036 last night, everything PPP related fell over, PPPoE, PPtP and l2tp tunnels all interfaces vanished and all connections were lost. Back on rc11 now.

I am looking forward to PPPoE optimizations, we have 4 vdsl pppoe links (70mb/20mb) and use mlppp to bond these, CCR performs worse than RouterBoard 2011 (v5.24) for mlppp with 3 or more links, 2 links about the same.

Ticket#2013012466000127 still no fix. BGP over mlppp does not establish, single link ppp OK, mlppp in 5.24 OK.

PPPoE status does not show correct active links (broken around rc6 or rc7). Always 1 even if 2 or more links are active in the bundle.

SFP link between CCR and RB2011 drops BGP sessions, ran 10,000 ping with no packet loss, 0.0000%

03:34:11 route,bgp,error Received notification
03:34:11 route,bgp,error Hold timer expired, subcode=0

After 1 week 5 days uptime on rc11 hotspot using 100% of 1 CPU core even though hotspot not enabled or configured, now package has been disabled.

These are my problems, I will assist if I can, remote access to router and remote PC directly connected via backup link if you ask.

Dobby

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Deleted because not related.
Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

rogeriodj
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:48 pm

Dobby dear, such as CCR can not be used in production, so should not sell, sell it as a device that can not be used. The money that paid for my RB would buy a XEON super server. So do not give me moral lesson, as the forum is open to all ...

przent

Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Hello Dobby,

I do not share your opinion:

Fom point of view:

Your statement that everything must be done new is incorrect.

Stability and Bugs:
Tilera provides an running SDK witch can compile any _well_written_ C and C++ program for their architecture. Work porting the Linux kernel to Tilera is done by Tilera employees and is part of their SDK and there are not that many parts which must be touched as the linux kernel already is written in a way to support multiple architectures. The SMP support for linux scales well for basic computing tasks of on operationg system, which is managing memory and running other programs.

http://www.tilera.com/products/processors/TILE-Gx-3000

For user-space programs: once again, if written well, they will work after a simple recompile. Most Open-Source software which Mikrotik takes large use of is written well and should need an recompile only.

Now I`ll cite the tilera homepage:
Tilera's MDE includes:

Centos-compatible Linux 2.6.36 with support for 2,000+ standard RPM packages
Standard tool chain including GCC, g++ , gdb, gprof, oprofile, perf event, mudflap, eclipse
Full support of standard languages including ANSI C/C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python
Advanced programming frameworks including Erlang, TBB, open MP
Standard management protocols including IPMI 2.0, SNMP, Syslog, Telnet, SSH, TFTP, FTP, SCP

2,000+ standard RPM means (if you are not linux fanboy) that over 2000 unique pieces of software are already there and Tilera didn`t write them new from scratch!

So and where do all these problems of CCR come from? I have 2 suspects:
a) Tilera is claiming their CPUs and SDKs work but they do not.
b) MikroTik proprietary changes are of poor quality from the code hygiene level and they are fighting it.

Performance:
This can be tricky. To get the last bit of performance out of hardware you _have_to_ optimize software for it and tthats a hard fact. What I miss when I read about the CCR trouble is a clear border pointed out by mikrotik between performance oriented bugs (is slow because something isn`t as it should be) and low perfomance reports because of missing optimisation.

Marketing and Customer Service and Relationship:

I still can find official Mikrotik resellers selling the CCR without the "not for production use" badge. It wasn`t even on routerboard.com for some time. Here is an example from Germany which I`ve selected from the nice reseller map on official mikrotik homepage https://www.mikrotik-store.eu/de/MikroT ... 036-12G-4S as I know that you are German. Where do I see that the CCR is not production ready equipment?!? By the law of EU, all CCRs can be returned to the shops when they are not market as testing equipment and have bugs which can be reproduced and demontrated! CCR is what I call "Banana release", you buy them green and un-eatable and let them get yellow in the fridge :-)

Costs:
3000$ for Tilera Education is a kiss on the cheek, trust me :-) Good Programmers usually have the Knowledge of 100k+ $ worth of such courses and most of them did not attend just one. It is somewhat different than you, network people, because the networking stuff doesn`t get obsolete that fast as programming stuff does, so it makes more sense to invest in "courses". But for MikroTik is 3k$ per programmer very good investment when it can make development faster and/or better.

FutileNetworks

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:49 pm

@FutileNetworks
CCR performs worse than RouterBoard 2011 (v5.24)
So what is the question now and why? You were answering your own question!
v5.20 -v5.24 is marked as stable!!!!
v6 is marked as a release candidate (RC)
I fully understand what RC means and I'm reporting the bugs I find so they can be fixed, obviously I can't use v5 on a CCR but I can make a comparison between a lower powered device running v5 and the CCR, this is only meant to prove that the bug exists. I say bugs but it may just require a small tweak but without reporting these things how will MT improve the RC?
These are my problems, I will assist if I can, remote access to router
MikroTik is telling all customers, clients and users that the CCR series is not for usage in productive environments
pending on the release candidate status of the RouterOS version for TILE Gx platform!
I am using it in a semi-production environment for testing that is not critical and has a redundant backup.
But you are using this hardware then for a hotspot and BGP setup and telling them that you have trouble,
problems and issues, failures and something is not working proper? Is this right? Do you mean this really?
If you had read my post correctly I said I am not using hotspot yet it was consuming 100% of 1 CPU core, clearly a bug. I'm testing BGP as if and when the RC bugs get fixed it will go into production as a BGP edge router, why would I not test something we require?
If I have the need to set up a really great BGP setup, I know there is a GBP cache problem in RouterOS, I don´t
use RouterOS, point. But I don´t use it and bugging MikroTik!
You think I'm bugging them? LOL, I am giving them information for them to improve their software, my time is worth money and I am submitting these reports off my own back, I like the product so I am helping them.
If I have the urgent need of a so called HA set up (High ability) with the need of balancing the whole throughput and
load I don´t use Vyatta, because they don´t offering arpbalance over CARP and not I am using it and bugging the Vyatta crew!

If I have the urgent need for IPSec VPN and the new Tilera TILE Gx platform (CCR-1036) from MikroTik is offering two high speed encryption engines (at this place thank you John Tully from Franky) I have to wait like all the other
customers until the software is stable enough (but by the way very good question honzam!) to use it inside my production environment! but for sure this MiCA (multi stream imesh crypto accelerator) engine is taking the data directly
out of the memory (ram) and and through the CPU, so it must be fast then hell, ok I know this but, I have also to wait
like all other customers until this is working smart and smooth.

So at last, please what is now really disappointing with the new CCR please?
The software, the lack of response from MT staff, do you want us all to sit back and just wait for it to magically be fixed? If I was MT I would be grateful for having such customers that are willing to assist and help improve what can and probably will be a great product!

SolarW

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:56 pm

- Made Simple Queue setups very fast
- TX packet loss issue fixed
- PPP setups speed increase (this would address your PPPoE issue)
- Firewall speed increase

And more are coming.
This optimisations implemented now?

chojrak11
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:21 pm

(...)