Community discussions

MikroTik App

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

DHCP lease without success!!! shoot me now.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:46 am

holy moly, i'm going to lose my mind. so many support calls from this client this week, I have this gateway(rb2011 rackmount)
that feeds 7 rb751u's directly off the ports ether2-9 on a bridge. I am seeing nothing but 'DHCP offering lease without success' errors.
I had one guest who had a PC laptop,ipad and phone and all of then sat in the lease pool as 'offering' state and then would switch to 'bound'
and then back to 'offering' over and over and over. nuts!

I took a picture in hopes that someone can help me resolve this for once and for all. I have seen these errors like 3 years ago but never warranted
and postings since I never had anyone complain, there were only a few entries at the time, not a big deal then. but now over the past 3 weeks
since I upgraded my AP to these 751's i have seen a ton of these errors. like i said very simple setup, AP plug into the RB2011 itself.

enjoy the pics. and hope someone can provide some support, i will be sure to leave the fix if i get one somewhere.

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sooli
just joined

Re: DHCP lease without success!!! shoot me now.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:25 pm

me too seeing this message in my log.what is this error is actually??

nick3dos
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:45 pm

You have 2 networks 192.168.53.x and 192.168.50.x in dhcp1 server ???
maybe that's your problem...

EMOziko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Firstly, try to reboot the router it might help.

if no, try to make new dhcp server on the ethernet port and not on the bridge. maybe bridge have some issues.

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:59 pm

You have 2 networks 192.168.53.x and 192.168.50.x in dhcp1 server ???
maybe that's your problem...
thanks for the feedback, what you can't see is that this is a /23 network, this is why you are seeing the current range of addresses. not your fault. that said I even have these same
issues on /24 network locations. sadly. Aside form that I don't see how changing the dhcp server on the ethernet ports will help, mikrotik generally suggest to use bridges where you can.

Perhaps someone else will provide a solutions as it looks like others are having these same issues and have been for a long time, surprise surprise no solution from the Creators yet.

thanks.

Pellaeon
just joined

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:47 pm

Are you sure it's a /23 network? 192.168.50.0/24 and 192.168.53.0/24 can't possibly be in the same /23 network... For them to be in the same network it would have to be a /22 at least.

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Are you sure it's a /23 network? 192.168.50.0/24 and 192.168.53.0/24 can't possibly be in the same /23 network... For them to be in the same network it would have to be a /22 at least.
Hello, and thanks for the correction, it was meant to say /21 network, hope this clarifies things.

alphahawk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:31 pm

First question are you ap's using the same ssid? If they are its possible the devices are bouncing between ap's before they finish connecting. I have seen this happen a few times on some of my networks. Simple fix I did to help this issue and also know where the user is located is change the ssid of each ap to something slightly different on each one. (i.e. ap1, ap2, ap3 etc...).

Second question is have you verified no loopbacks in your network?

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed May 15, 2013 1:43 am

I am using the same ssid as you mentioned across all my AP's, however I have been noticing less and less of these errors and I have not made a change to the network or ssid's. Literally no changes at all. It was so bad I was willing to try changing the ssid on all AP's and then one day it appeared to have disappeared as quickly as it came. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same patterns. I only see it a couple times a week on one or two occasions now.

Anyways take it how you may, not sure where to go from here.

thanks!