Community discussions

MikroTik App

maxcuban
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

How to enable wireless on RB951-2n

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:57 pm

I've never needed to use the wireless feature on the RB951-2N router board i purchased.

but now my dLink will be going offline and so i want to use the wireless feature for a
couple of days.

when i activate the wireless, it bradcasts the SSID alright but i can't get any machine to connect to it since it is not issuing ip to those machines when i click connect.

how do i get this to work pls?

edit to add: it connects alright but will show "Limited or No Connectivity" hence the hotspot page doesn't show up in the browser

regards,
max

alexandria

Re: How to enable wireless on RB951-2n

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:24 pm

I havent use RB951-2n before. Is it a router or AP? do you know how to setup a DHCP Server on this device?

mixig

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:29 pm

I've never needed to use the wireless feature on the RB951-2N router board i purchased.

but now my dLink will be going offline and so i want to use the wireless feature for a
couple of days.

when i activate the wireless, it bradcasts the SSID alright but i can't get any machine to connect to it since it is not issuing ip to those machines when i click connect.

how do i get this to work pls?

edit to add: it connects alright but will show "Limited or No Connectivity" hence the hotspot page doesn't show up in the browser

regards,
max
you need to configure dhcp server for wlan interface and also put ip address to wlan interface

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:IP ... etup_Guide

Neilson
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:29 am

Have you added the Wlan1 interface (or whatever you have named it) into a bridge with your lan interfaces.

If you are already using it as a router this is likely the issue you have as the wireless traffic will have nowhere to go until you tell it.

Let me know if you need more help.

Regards
Alexander