Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

elpek
just joined
Topic Author

LACP Bonding over bridge issues

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Hello everyone,

I have Mikrotik RB1100AH and trying to configure LACP bonding for Synology NAS with 802.3ad support. NAS is plugged directly into router ports 4 and 5. Bonding of these ports is configured as follows:
/inteface bonding add slaves=ether4,ether5 mode=802.3ad lacp-rate=30secs link-monitoring=mii-type1 transmit-hash-policy=layer-2-and-3
(based on the wiki)

I want my NAS to be accessible from LAN which is connected to port 1 on the RB so I just add bonded interface to a bridge with port 1. After doing so it works ... partially. Connection to the NAS is unstable and it tends to drop packets (up to 25% total). I wonder what might be a cause of the problem... is this my misconfiguration or something else? Or maybe there is some other way of achieving 802.3ad with my setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ibermi
just joined

Re: LACP Bonding over bridge issues

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I have Mikrotik RB1100AH and trying to configure LACP bonding for Synology NAS with 802.3ad support. NAS is plugged directly into router ports 4 and 5. Bonding of these ports is configured as follows:
/inteface bonding add slaves=ether4,ether5 mode=802.3ad lacp-rate=30secs link-monitoring=mii-type1 transmit-hash-policy=layer-2-and-3
(based on the wiki)

I want my NAS to be accessible from LAN which is connected to port 1 on the RB so I just add bonded interface to a bridge with port 1. After doing so it works ... partially. Connection to the NAS is unstable and it tends to drop packets (up to 25% total). I wonder what might be a cause of the problem... is this my misconfiguration or something else? Or maybe there is some other way of achieving 802.3ad with my setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same problem as you, to see if someone gives us a solution ...
miguelbatista at ibersystems.es
Experto en redes WiFi y enlaces WiFi.

Facebook: @Ibersystems
Twitter: @Ibersystems

Expert in Wireless, Hotspots, Linux and Radius Servers