Community discussions

MikroTik App

Suikwan
just joined
Topic Author

PPTP routing problem

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:26 pm

I have setup my RB951G to connect to a PPTP server setup at the office using ubuntu. The connection is successful but tracert requests end in "request timed out". Attached is a screen capture showing that the remote network is reachable from the router but not from the client machine in my home network. The firewall on the client machine was turned off and PPTP tunnels established directly from the client machine are working properly. Any ideas on what might not be properly configured? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheWiFiGuy

Re: PPTP routing problem

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:47 pm

You dont have a route back to the Mikrotik from the Ubuntu machine do you?

Suikwan
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:18 am

You dont have a route back to the Mikrotik from the Ubuntu machine do you?
Not a static one, however a route must have been created dynamically when the Mikrotik connected to the Ubuntu machine otherwise the traceroute attempts from the Mikrotik would not have been successful. Notice the top right quadrant of the image I posted. Thanks.

Suikwan
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:55 am

I used Torch to confirm that the router is receiving packets from the Ubuntu machine. I'm including a screen cap of the traffic generated by the tracert command on the client machine. It seems traffic is not being routed from the pptp interface to the LAN bridge. Can anyone help with that? Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Suikwan
just joined
Topic Author

Sun May 05, 2013 5:32 am

I was able to figure out what the problem was. I needed to add the following entry:
/ip firewall nat add chain=srcnat action=masquerade dst-address=172.26.4.0/22 out-interface=CallCenter
Feel free to mark as solved.