Community discussions

MikroTik App

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Persistent VPNs

Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:09 pm

So I have tried 3 ways to make persistent VPNs over the last 2 weeks.

All are Mikrotik to Mikrotik

1. PPtP
2. PPtP with EOIP bridged
3. L2TP with IPSEC

First is easiest to setup by far.

Second has some cool features by being in the same subnet and even using the same gateway.

Third took the most messing with. (Mostly because documentation lacked the firewall ports) But once connected via L2TP... clients are not connected. Then suddenly IPSEC turn on and it stays connected.

So what is everyone using and what do you prefer?

tomaskir
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Persistent VPNs

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:30 pm

Give a watch to the presentation in my sig.

L2TP/IPSec works great on Mikrotik.

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 am

• I would really like to watch, and listen to your presentation, but can not understand
    you due to the microphone being used seems to pick up all the voices and noise around you and the other presenters.
  • This has been a very common complaint about videos from the MUM's.
  • Somehow, I wish the MikroTik crew would do some experimenting with different microphones that are noise
    canceling to better pick up the presenter and leave out the people in the crown who seem to be more interested in
    chatting, than listening.
  • I almost wish the presenters would dub their audio afterwards so we can understand better.

• They have something to say, and I would like to hear it.
  • :) :)

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 am

• I would really like to watch, and listen to your presentation, but can not understand
    you due to the microphone being used seems to pick up all the voices and noise around you and the other presenters.
  • This has been a very common complaint about videos from the MUM's.
  • Somehow, I wish the MikroTik crew would do some experimenting with different microphones that are noise
    canceling to better pick up the presenter and leave out the people in the crown who seem to be more interested in
    chatting, than listening.
  • I almost wish the presenters would dub their audio afterwards so we can understand better.

• They have something to say, and I would like to hear it.
  • :) :)
+1. I have the same problem with most of the videos on there. I have watched a few and wound up having to CRANK the speakers just to marginally understand what they are saying over the crowd noise. I'd love to watch/understand that presentation also. Been looking for some instructions on just this topic.