Community discussions

MikroTik App

Braian
just joined
Topic Author

How to choose between two uplinks for some destinations

Thu May 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi,

I'm developing a service that use two PPPoE connectios and I want to use one connection to the internet traffic and the other connection to send the traffic destined to a specific address.
I've created two PPPoE connections and don't install default route for the one that I want to use just for the traffic destined to the specific address, but, when this PPPoE connects, all the traffic is forwarded throught this connection.

Have someone an idea to make it works?

joshaven

Re: How to choose between two uplinks for some destinations

Fri May 03, 2013 5:34 am

Traffic always follows the most spigot (specific... darn iPhone keyboard) route. Just add a route to the destination subnet an set the gateway to the desired ip or interface.
Last edited by joshaven on Fri May 03, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshaven Potter
Consulting and Business Services Available http://joshaven.com

Braian
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 03, 2013 4:01 pm

I've already did it, but the routerOS try to send all the traffic by the connection that don't have default gateway. I'll try to make some rules on the firewall to solve this problem, but, i still accept some help. Thanks.

Braian
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 03, 2013 8:11 pm

I think I've found the source of problem, but for now, I don't have an idea how to solve it.

My default gateway is reachable at both PPPoE connections, then, the last PPPoE connected is used to send the traffic.

I'm waiting for some help. Thanks.

Braian
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Solved: I've removed the default gateway from both PPPoE connections and created a static default route in which that gateway is the interface where I want to send the internet traffic.